devmenu Installation help

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Leon_CC, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Leon_CC
    OP

Leon_CC Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2014
    Hi I just received my Gateway today and have Rom's running smoothly. I'm trying to my save file from Pokemon in order to use it with PkHex but I was told I need a savedatafiler. So in order to install a .cia file I need devmenu installed on my 3DS right? I have tried both devmenu and bigbluemenu, put the .3ds files on my Gateway card along with the corresponding .cia files on my SD. But as soon as I press select to select my rom, devmenu shows up only as a blank un-launchable application, and the same goes for bigbluemenu. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

2. Shadowtrance

Shadowtrance GBAtemp Addict

May 9, 2014
    Hervey Bay, Queensland
    Have you updated/gotten the latest gateway launcher from their site? 2.6?

If you haven't go get that and it should work fine, otherwise if you're using an older gateway launcher it will do exactly as you describe. :)

That's the only thing i can thing of that would be causing the issues you're having.

3. Leon_CC
    OP

Leon_CC Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2014
    Yes, I'm currently running Omega 2.6 on the Gateway. I've tried googling the issue to no avail.

4. frenk99999

frenk99999 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2014
    Slovenia
    This migth be an absurd question but did you renamed *.cia to *.3ds? Couse that couses the same problem.

EDIT: Also just to make sure roms aren't corrupted try redownloading them. (I don't know if thats the problem since I am a bit to lazy to test it, but I did test the cia thing above)