Hacking DevkitPro Updater

Riicky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everytime I try to download devkitpro, it stops at devkitARM and says either my internet was not permitted or has timed out...I'm gonna grab them manually, but what is the minimum that is needed? thanks in advance!

Riicky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks pune, I just grabbed the DevkittPPC along with programmers notepad...I'm assuming I install this to c:\DevikitPro....> I want to edit and compile wiiflow and neogamma (if my brain holds up!)

Riicky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok people, here goes the newb post....(puts flame retardent hat on)...just to test im trying to compile (without modifications) the wiiflow source,and it keeps saying

Failed to create process: The system cannot find the file specified.

Riicky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
is that the only thing that happens? what OS? what is your env variables set to?

Vista Ultimate 32bit...env variables..no clue, this is the first time i'm attempting to mess with devkit

all I did was download the devkitppc from soureforge, along with the programmers notepad, and extracted them both to c:\DevkitPro

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
type in a command prompt
Code:
echo %DEVKITPRO%

it should tell you the path to the devkit folder. but i suspect that yours will just give you a blank because it was never set. normally this is set by the installer. and you need to have msys set up, and the DEVKITPPC variable. if you still get errors, run that shit as administrator because vista likes to pull its nanny shit.

Riicky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
running the installer as admin right now, fingers crossed..

.yea the echo just gave me a blank

auto installer keeps failing on DevkitPPC, just 3kb short of being finished..it grabbed the msys though

got everything manually again and am reading this guide http://www.devkitpro.org/setup.shtml

ok, upon trying to MAKE, now I get "Please set DEVKITPPC in your environment. export DEVKITPPC=devkitPPC". Stop.

LAST EDIT: got it working...close this thread!

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do
+"pause|break"
advanced tab
environmental variables
and add your paths
devkit.png

Site & Scene News