Homebrew DevkitPRO alternatives ?

sleight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The case is that sometimes if I try to build the .nds file i get a bunch of errors which doesn't have anything to do with my source-code.. the only thing that helps then is reinstalling the whole thing

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Then use Linux
wink.gif
and if yopu don´t want to install it use VirtualBox or something similar.
But possibly the your environment variables not right.

sleight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nIxx said:
Then use Linux
wink.gif

that's possible, since i installed it on a extern hdd

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
nIxx said:
Then use Linux
wink.gif

Not to bash linux since I'm a linux user and I prefer it over windows (also I haven't tried to program with devkitpro on windows yet) but installing the whole thing (devkitARM - libnds - examples - maxmod and all the likes) was a real pain.. took me 5-6 hours (not kidding) reading through lots of tutorials saying different things and there isn't a real IDE for it.. I mean, using code::blocks or anjuta is nice but I can't seem to make it build right so I always have to use a notepad and makefiles >_>'''

whereas I read that on microsoft it's way easier to do with a nice IDE.. but I don't know ^^

Eponasoft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sleight said:
The case is that sometimes if I try to build the .nds file i get a bunch of errors which doesn't have anything to do with my source-code.. the only thing that helps then is reinstalling the whole thing
Such as "file not found"? I get that occasionally too. What fixes it for me is a system reboot. I have no idea what causes it though.

I never use IDEs. I write all my code in Notepad and compile with batch files.
biggrin.gif

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
nIxx said:
Then use Linux
wink.gif

Go check the Linux installation guide to PAlib. Simply using another operating system will not fix the OPs problem compiling with different versions of PAlib. Virtual box will not fix this problem either.

OP - Do not take alternate operating systems or virtualization solutions as anything more than troll posts.

It can be a headache getting compiling perfectly fine code to compile under a different version of PAlib. The alternative, however, is using NDSlib and individual other libs by themselves. NDSlib solo is potentially more powerful!
If you're pro, you could learn ARM and program entirely in assembly.
The best alternative is the commercial NitroSDK. Good luck getting it from Nintendo.

My personal recommendation, bend over and get used to PAlib, or make your own lib. When you get PAlib to work, never update it again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night