Devil Survivor coming to the 3DS

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Guild McCommunist, Jan 6, 2011.

Jan 6, 2011
  1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    One of the first 3DS games from Atlus will be familiar to DS owners. The "Devil Summoner" game Atlus announced for the 3DS last year is actually an enhanced port of Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor, a DS title that was released here in June of 2009. On the 3DS, the game will be called Devil Survivor Over Clock.

As detailed in this week's Famitsu, Atlus is packing the game with new features, most notably a new scenario. While the original's story ran through seven days, Over Clock adds an eighth day scenario. Demons are also getting a boost, up from the 130 demons of the DS version to over 150 on the 3DS.

Presentation will see some major updates through full voice, with over 20,000 lines of dialogue, and updated visuals that take advantage of the 3DS's higher resolution. So far, we know of only one way the system's 3D effects will be put to use: demon models will appear to pop out of the screen in status screens.

On the gameplay front, Famitsu says that the auction system and 3 on 3 "Extra Turn Battle" system will return, but it does not mention any changes. Even if there aren't any changes, players will presumably appreciate the inclusion of difficulty settings.

While it may be disappointing that one of the first Atlus titles for the 3DS is an enhanced port, at least the wait won't be too long. Famitsu lists the game as 90% complete. A Japanese release is currently planned for 2011. A release outside of Japan has yet to be announced. [/p]

[​IMG] Source

And the girly yells of fanboys was heard around the world.

Although Devil Survivor was pretty good, just preferred Strange Journey myself. I could live with an enhanced port of it.

2. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
  3. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I didn't even notice, my bad.

This can be locked if they feel the need or merge the two and make it a news post. I just figured it was newsworthy since there's a lot of fans of the original here and even if it is just a "quick port", it looks like it has some nice detail put into it to make it significant. Kinda like the Persona games on the PSP.

4. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    Great news for DS (Devil Survivor mind you) fans. "Port" makes it rather unattractive but you never know...

5. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    This port might be good, and Devil Survivor has replay value already and the additional features may makes this worthwhile.

6. synce

Member synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

United States
    Nice, but would be even more exciting if it was an original game! I hope Atlus doesn't go down the path of ports and remakes

7. ineap09

Member ineap09 GBAtemp Regular

Guyana
    I've only played Strange Journey in this series so far.

Instead of getting Devil Survivor now, I think I'll wait to play it on the 3DS. [​IMG]

8. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    Good game but it wouldn't make me go out and buy a 3ds,same goes for zelda game there redoing...

9. Sylar1

Member Sylar1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Oh hey a port of a game you can already play on the 3DS. So they remake P3P, P1P, Innocent sin, and do this this devil survivor?

10. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    Kind of a snooze fest...

The Japanese really love this satanic and occult shit.

11. Leo Cantus

Member Leo Cantus So zeta slow!

United Kingdom
    It's not all satanic and occult. There are many demons that come from different cultures such as Hinduism and Christianity

12. Leo Cantus

United Kingdom
    It's not all satanic and occult. There are many demons that come from different cultures such as Hinduism and Christianity

13. Leo Cantus

United Kingdom
    It's not all satanic and occult. There are demons from many cultures such as Hinduism and Christianity.

14. Leo Cantus

United Kingdom
    It's not all satanic and occult. There are demons from many cultures such as Hinduism and Christianity.

Edit: Sorry about the posts, for some reason it came up with 504 bad gateway error and when I reloaded the page it posted like 4 times.

15. deathking

Member deathking GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    by comparing the file structure and makeup with 2 near identical games - baring the extra voices and day
    this could lead to a much better understanding of the 3ds and could lead to hacks or card getting made from it