Hacking Development

travis134

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone even know how to develop for the Wii? Because if not, what use is finding an exploit for it :/

I was wondering what type of file the virtual console games are? If possible, the best way to run unsigned code, I would think, would be to write the arbitrary code and compile it as a virtual console binary or rom (I'm still not sure how the whole file architecture is structured) and attempt to run it. If this is unsuccessfull, if the kernel hypervisor notices that the virtual console data is not signed (If it does go through some signing process) then another possibility would be to have two memorycards with identicle virtual console games (except one with the arbitrary code), load up the legitimate game, and in the middle of the load, swap out the memory card with the modified binary.

crumpster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks shaun, its been sorted now. To answer your question we will be using C to develop for it, but we need some sort of a SDK. I doubt well get a leak anytime soon so someone will probably write one like they did for the psp.

travis134

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope so, we need to write some code for the Wii, or else all we would be doing is thinking up exploits that load... nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-