• Likes 69
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clapmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're basically a god at this point. Dino Crisis 2 running at 60fps with no vsync and still 58 with vsync, intro fmv played without a hitch too. Resident Evil 2 intro fmv slight audio stutter but actual gameplay = 60fps.

Reactions: Ty_

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You're basically a god at this point. Dino Crisis 2 running at 60fps with no vsync and still 58 with vsync, intro fmv played without a hitch too. Resident Evil 2 intro fmv slight audio stutter but actual gameplay = 60fps.

You can try the switch_thread audio driver (needs RA restarted) or play with audio_latency.

That should get it fixed, if not then very close

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Clapmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try the switch_thread audio driver (needs RA restarted) or play with audio_latency.

That should get it fixed, if not then very close

Yeah I was on the thread audio driver. Increasing latency seemed to mostly fix the minor stutter in that one re2 cutscene. Very impressed with your work. Keep it up!

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
More testing of PS1 games. Only tried a couple of minutes of each so can't vouch for long term performance:

Kurushi/Intelligent Qube runs perfect. Or should that be PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERFECT *thud*. Sound/performance were all good

Team Buddies - perfect

Ridge Racer Type 4 - Mostly good, some sound distortions. There's a weird effect on the track I tried with the floor and textures/shadows. Nothing close to gamebreaking but it is noticeable
http://sendvid.com/kq0vj294

Crash Team Racing - Performance was solid with some occasional sound distortions (seems to be more sound effects than music)

Micro Machines V3 - Perfect

Also noticed around a third of the time when I try to load a game Retroarch crashes. Seems to be at random, couldn't find a pattern (I closed and restarted Retroarch each time I tested a game)

Woody601

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The all-in-one works, but I have to go to the cores themselves, instead of the loader in the /switch/ folder. anybody have any suggestions on how I can fix this? Because when i open it, it has the background but not the menu like it should...

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The all-in-one works, but I have to go to the cores themselves, instead of the loader in the /switch/ folder. anybody have any suggestions on how I can fix this? Because when i open it, it has the background but not the menu like it should...
Thats intended.

The loader is just a shortcut to the NRO's and it works with playlist/history

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Noticed a graphical glitch after playing MGS some more. when you go into an elevator and try to change floors, the panels to select the floor light up so you can't tell which one is selected.

One the plus side, the sound is fantastic, comes through really well on the Switch. Lots of little, subtle sounds I hadn't noticed before with the soundtrack

Another bonus, dunno if anyone has tried yet but I gave MGS a go in docked mode without exiting or restarting Retroarch etc, just straight into the dock while playing, and had no issues. Not tried with any other games

Thank you so much to all involved for your work on this, the dream of portable MGS was one of the reasons I bought a switch and looked into homebrew in the first place :D

Last edited by Ty_,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Noticed a graphical glitch after playing MGS some more. when you go into an elevator and try to change floors, the panels to select the floor light up so you can't tell which one is selected.

One the plus side, the sound is fantastic, comes through really well on the Switch. Lots of little, subtle sounds I hadn't noticed before with the soundtrack

Another bonus, dunno if anyone has tried yet but I gave MGS a go in docked mode without exiting or restarting Retroarch etc, just straight into the dock while playing, and had no issues. Not tried with any other games

Thank you so much to all involved for your work on this, the dream of portable MGS was one of the reasons I bought a switch and looked into homebrew in the first place :D
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sRAiKCYzCRYS9ARM8D-XeL5jbXGSlJg1S7DVXQnBc_4

We now have a actual sheet that will be updated in the future!

metalslug53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any full widescreen support on PCSX at all? :O

Also, every time I load a game, I get a message saying "No Playstation BIOS Found - Add for better compatibility." But the game loads anyways. Is a BIOS file necessary? :O

Last edited by metalslug53,
D

Deleted User

sorry for stupid questions

what is name of core? i see a couple different psx core. psx rearmed?

what is format for ps1 iso? .bin? .iso? .zip?

Thanks for any help. I try to load but content not found with latest nightly.

some slight progress i see .bin files do appear and zipped iso as well but failed to load

Last edited by ,

newbytime7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also, every time I load a game, I get a message saying "No Playstation BIOS Found - Add for better compatibility." But the game loads anyways. Is a BIOS file necessary? :O
would most definitely use it if I were you

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and just change aspect ratio to 16:9 for widescreen

sorry for stupid questions

what is name of core? i see a couple different psx core. psx rearmed?

what is format for ps1 iso? .bin? .iso? .zip?

Thanks for any help. I try to load but content not found with latest nightly.

some slight progress i see .bin files do appear and zipped iso as well but failed to load
yes pcsx rearmed. and bin/cue work best

Reactions: sorabora and m4xw
D

Deleted User

thanks for help newbytime7 the cue is what i was missing to do this i believe trying now

a site for those lost with making cue

http://nielsbuus.dk/pg/psx_cue_maker/

sadly though the above site did seem to make my cue sheet and i named it .cue my content still fails to load. Any ideas? Is this a bios issue? do I load the bin or the cue file first?

Last edited by ,

newbytime7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure your directory for bios is set correctly.
thanks for help newbytime7 the cue is what i was missing to do this i believe trying now

sadly though the above site did seem to make my cue sheet and i named it .cue my content still fails to load. Any ideas? Is this a bios issue? do I load the bin or the cue file first?

make sure your directory for bios is correct. and it could be bad bios...

metalslug53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and just change aspect ratio to 16:9 for widescreen

Tried this, but it didn't give me a fullscreen widescreen. It was tiny and centered, but didn't span the entire screen. T.T

Also, was there a BIOS file in the full download that included PCSX, or is it something I need to download separately? After download, where should I place the BIOS file?

newbytime7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

make sure your directory for bios is correct. and it could be bad bios...

Oops, sorry for the double post.
turn off integer scaling to fix full screen. and your downloaded bios goes in /retroarch/cores/system

Reactions: sorabora
D

Deleted User

pbp huh interesting will give that a shot thanks for sharing

are folks posting good results on exfat or fat32 i am on exfat....

SUCCESS
ok what it was i believe were 2 things my bios file and the iso i had used (I had tried changing ecm to bin and apparently that can't be done) but once i had proper bin and cue i loaded my cue and voila great work!

Last edited by ,

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
https://streamable.com/rq4v4 (similar graphical bugs in game too with scrolling)
I get the same menu issues with the latest nightly, full package, played some valkyrie profile with bios handheld, then docked, then I'm getting this on both docked and handheld. (vsync set to off after stating the game, latest hekate, fw 3.0.1)

Last edited by Azel,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol