ROM Hack [Development] How do i inject gba roms?

AquaX101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do we inject gba roms into ambassador roms? I've found where the rom is, but when i replace it and turn it into a cia, i get the nintendo 3ds loading screen.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you compared the Ambassador ROM to the retail dump?

You might find the answer you seek there. Perhaps it's looking for a modified header.

AquaX101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you compared the Ambassador ROM to the retail dump?

You might find the answer you seek there. Perhaps it's looking for a modified header.
hmm, i'll check that. But the rom is a code.bin you can open up in VBA, i don't think its anything special.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you gotten unmodified Ambassador games working?
The Ambassador code.bin's are identical to scene dumps. I tried making a modified GBA cia, but it said the sd card was removed whenever I tried to boot it in Pasta.
AGB_FIRM has signature checks, so I guess that should be expected. I'm pretty sure patching AGB_FIRM is the first step here, but I have no idea how.

AquaX101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you gotten unmodified Ambassador games working?
The Ambassador code.bin's are identical to scene dumps. I tried making a modified GBA cia, but it said the sd card was removed whenever I tried to boot it in Pasta.
AGB_FIRM has signature checks, so I guess that should be expected. I'm pretty sure patching AGB_FIRM is the first step here, but I have no idea how.
no, but if you edit in the rsf so that it doesn't compress the code.bin, it should work with unmodified ambassador games. Tried it with a different rom with the same size (16 MB) and it would leave me stuck on the "Nintendo 3DS" loading screen.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like you're trying to run a GBA game through Gateway or something (which doesn't work), because working Ambassador games never show the Nintendo 3DS loading screen. They just fade to black when they're launched.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It sounds like you're trying to run a GBA game through Gateway or something (which doesn't work), because working Ambassador games never show the Nintendo 3DS loading screen. They just fade to black when they're launched.
I just assumed he was attempting it under PASTA, since everyone knows it won't run under gateway mode.

AquaX101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nonono, i am using pasta (CFW) and regular ambassador games work fine through it, i get the 3ds loading screen when i replace the gba rom with something else

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still feel like your CIA isn't compiled right, as your 3ds doesn't appear to be recognizing it as a GBA game. It really should fade to black and not show the Nintendo 3DS loading screen. My broken GBA inject fades to black before saying the SD card was removed.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@AquaX101 i happened across this in another thread. Not good news I'm afraid.

AGB_FIRM has sig checks. You can inject your own GBA rom, but it probably won't ever run. I don't know about a modified GBA VC CIA with region free icon though. I think AGB_FIRM only checks the code.bin file. But not sure how exactly that works. CitrAGB will probably run near full speed anyway once a CIA build of it is available.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nonono, i am using pasta (CFW) and regular ambassador games work fine through it, i get the 3ds loading screen when i replace the gba rom with something else
AGB_FIRM seems to have the very same signature checks used for regular 3DS games. It demands retail-encrypted CXIs with valid signatures and no public patch has been disclosed (if it ever existed).

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@AquaX101 Scratch everything I said earlier, it's already been achieved by @Riku. It needs a particular footer, not header apparently.

Yo, I heard you guys like Ambassador and GBA games, so I put some GBA games into Ambassador games:

didn't know that, thanks, 32MB roms works fine.
SfdYfgU.jpg
Don't decompress the .code, it's not compressed. The .code is the rom followed by a footer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    White fries hold up
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 sure you can
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why tf do people hate android users? is it the video quality? just because "AnDrOiD = pOoR" bc they don't cost an arm and a leg like iphones do?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i won't be turned off by an iphone, but don't pick on me for having an android, that's just how this shit should work
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users