nMM456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

My friend and I have been interested in making a HBL app ever since it came out. We just don't know where and how the files are made, what coding it uses, etc. Does anyone know of a tutorial for making apps or can someone please make one?

Thanks for reading
-nMM456

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi all,

My friend and I have been interested in making a HBL app ever since it came out. We just don't know where and how the files are made, what coding it uses, etc. Does anyone know of a tutorial for making apps or can someone please make one?

Thanks for reading
-nMM456
I'll tell you that you need a history of working with coding. You can't just jump in and do it. I'd say, learn up on some Python. It's a nifty way for making some simple brew. You'll also need to work with payloads. I don't know how to do it. But, I know you need to understand coding. Anyways, welcome to GBAtemp. :P

nMM456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll tell you that you need a history of working with coding. You can't just jump in and do it. I'd say, learn up on some Python. It's a nifty way for making some simple brew. You'll also need to work with payloads. I don't know how to do it. But, I know you need to understand coding. Anyways, welcome to GBAtemp. :P
Thank you for the fast and helpful response! I'll look into it :)

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thank you for the fast and helpful response! I'll look into it :)
It'll take time to actually understand how to do all of it. But, just don't update your console. You'll find out that your HBL access is lost. Keep your console offline while testing it.

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't believe that's true. You don't need a history of coding, nor would Python be worth learning in order to begin developing apps. Anyone can learn C/C++. really, all you have to do is just read. Without a history of programming at all, C gives you the best look at the fundamentals of programming. Because the language is 40+ years old and has the biggest community, you can google almost everything and just copy&paste if you're lazy. I've never developed homebrew myself, though I'm fairly certain you don't need to touch payloads in most cases.

https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Setting_up_Development_Environment

If you plan on developing apps straight out of the box, you'll need to know C/C++. If you plan to make something on the potion lib or whatever it is, its a bit different. The libraries you will use really depend on what you're developing. The majority of the time, you won't be able to use external libraries because they're just too large and your goal is to try to use everything that's offered by the console.

Last edited by DesuIsSparta,
Reactions: thatbooisaspy

Substance12

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
To program for 3DS, you need to program with C/C++ (using ctrulib and devkitPRO) or Lua (using LÖVEPotion or lpp-3ds).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb