Destiny ban across a console?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Games & Content' started by ars25, Dec 16, 2014.

1. ars25
    OP

ars25 I like tacos and pie

Oct 21, 2010
    United States
    the world that never was
    So as the title states me and my brother got a destiny ban on our Cfw ps3 so we downloaded the demo off the psn on our OFW Ps3 (the one in my signature that has the ode that doesn't work anymore since 4.60)since we were going to buy it but were waiting for our funds to clear(Stupid paypal). that ps3 has never had a CFW installed to it and well we tried to play the trial today and boom we got destiny banned sad part we can't dispute this ban. for the people who don't know a destiny ban is it's a ban preventing you from playing destiny you can still play online using other games though. i am curious has this ever happened with any other games or has this happened to any of you?

2. Zerousen

Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

GBAtemp Patron
    Zerousen is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 30, 2009
    United States
    Maybe it's an IP ban?

3. ars25
    OP

Oct 21, 2010
    United States
    the world that never was
    i am guessing to but still though in it's official ban page it says the console gets banned from playing destiny as evidenced here

4. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    Sounds like a profile ban, did you try a different profile ?

5. ars25
    OP

Oct 21, 2010
    United States
    the world that never was
    yes in fact it was a brand new profile and psn account we just made to use on playing destiny

6. Necron

Necron Lurking~

Dec 29, 2008
    Chile
    Mi casa
    I just read that the ban affects all the consoles that were modified in any way at some point, so your console with the ODE is not safe from the ban.

7. drobb

drobb Hunter

Dec 29, 2007
    United States
    i got a ban as well on my cfw ps3. i made a new account, that worked just fine. either way i have a love/hate relationship with the game and needless to say i dont want to loose a lvl 30+ character with lots of exotics so i just went ahead and bought the game for my ofw console. still cant use the old profile so i had to start over. i dont know what to tell you. i was under the impression it was just account bans