#Dessert - Apple Salad

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
With Christmas getting closer and closer, I've decided to kick off this group with a very easy to follow recipe that will charm both children and adults in these coming Holidays.

images

Let's start with the Ingredients:

- Apples
- Sour Cream
- White Suggar
- Cinnamon Powder
- Almonds or Walnuts or Raisins

Now with the instructions:

1. First start by washing your Apples. Dice them at your liking.
  2. Add Sour Cream at your liking. Be aware that apples are already a bit sour, so my recommendation is to add 1 liter of cream for each kilo of apples.
  3. Mix everything together, be careful to not turn your apple into puree my stirring too hard. We want a nice coat of cream on them. I'd usually do a whole Gallon of cream for 3 to 4 kilos of apple. That ends up with a nice amount of cream without over doing it ensuring that all my apples will get covered.
  4. Once done, you might want to add Sugar to the mix, just to bring the sweetness of the apple a bit up, it's nice to eat the leftover cream with sugar on it. Also, add chopped walnuts, entire almonds and raisins to your apple mix.
    This is totally optional because there might be people allergic to nuts, so, I'd leave those totally apart from the apple mix and let anyone add the wanted amount of nuts on their own. Also, let everyone decide how much cinnamon they want.
  5. Serve individually on plates, mugs, cups, whatever you want to eat it on.

Tips:
  • Red Apple > Green Apple > Yellow Apple. Depending on the harvesting season, Red and Green apples might be more sour and firm than sweeter and mushier Yellow apples. I personally love the crunchiness of Red Apples compared to softer Yellow Ones.
  • Be aware that Apples tends to oxidize over time. So using good apple is extremely important if you're planning to do huge amounts of Apple Salad. DO NOT ADD ANTIOXIDANTS TO THIS RECIPE.
  • Some people adds Cherries.
  • Eat it at ambient temperature.

Last edited by JuanMena,

Latest photos

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: