Hacking Desperately need graphics.c/.h for C programming on PSP.

T1960CT

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wearegoth.altervista.org
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I'm learning C programming and the PSP is able to handle it, so it's a great way to work with this language (along with Arduino/EFM32 chip programming). I've followed this tutorial: http://forums.qj.net/psp-development-forum/158366-tut-beginner-c-programming-tutorials.html and it calls for the graphics file(s) but no matter how hard I look I cannot find it/them.

Does anyone else here code in C? I have been interested in coding for the PSP since I got my first one about 5 years ago and now that I'm an electronics engineering student I'm looking forward to it more and more so it would be fantastic if someone could zip all their resources and upload them to help me get started.

Thanks for any help in advance!
-T1960CT

sandytf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m not familiar with your prior programming and engineering experience, but jumping right into embedded system programming is generally a bad idea. Additionally, you will be far bettered served to learn the programming basics from either a quality programming textbook or a college level professor. Most online tutorials present poor design practices and fail to adequately teach the core fundamentals. If you are already able to code medium size programs for the PC, then please disregard this post. Otherwise, I strongly suggest you place embedded programming on hold for a few months, learn proper coding design, and then return to embedded/video game programming. While this approach will require a longer investment before you have something displayed on a PSP, once you finally do write your first PSP programs, they will be of a far better quality. There are many lists online of quality programing resources, but let me know if you require any additional assistance.

Reactions: reprep

T1960CT

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wearegoth.altervista.org
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, I already have programming knowledge and I adore coding, I'm just finally getting around to properly learning C itself now. I've already installed the PSPSDK in both Windows and Linux and it is not included in either from what I can see. I do agree with you though sandytf, it wouldn't be a wise place to start for a code newbie.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night