Gaming Demos on the Nintendo Switch eShop feature Unlimited Tries!

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 6,951
  • Replies 9
  • Likes 2
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Great news for those wondering if they could play demos for more than 30 times, and the answer is yes! So, in the event you don't get a game with your Switch then you'd be able to play demos for as long as you'd get tired of them. :P

Wii U and 3DS demos both impose play limits. For most of these downloads, you can only play them a certain amount of times before they become locked and are inaccessible. Most limits are at around thirty, but some are much lower.

Thankfully, with Switch, play limits are gone. Demos for the likes of Snipperclips, Dragon Quest Heroes I-II, and Puyo Puyo Tetris allow you to load them up as many times as you please. It’s certainly a change that will sit well with Switch owners.

Source: Nintendo Everything

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So why was there a limit anyway? I mean in comparison to the NDS download only play demos, was it worst? Cause i mean that just didn't make sense to me to limit a demo with limited plays. The demo is already limited. :P

Did they not want people to git gud playing a demo a lot unless they buy the game?

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But we will see what games get demos.
I heard that nintendo doesnt like putting out to may demo games. So i doubt we will get alot of games with demos.
Also wonder what will be in the demos.

I remember there was a wind walker 20min gamecube demo.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So why was there a limit anyway? I mean in comparison to the NDS download only play demos, was it worst? Cause i mean that just didn't make sense to me to limit a demo with limited plays. The demo is already limited. :P

Did they not want people to git gud playing a demo a lot unless they buy the game?
Demos werent make correctly and alot of people just play the demo vs buying the real game

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read a piece recently that claimed demos actually hurt sales. The more I think about it the more I believe that. Takes all the cut scene trailers, fancy box art and selected screen shots out of the equation.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
It's pathetic that we need to be happy about this lol.
:P

Great. Hope they have an ARMS Demo, because I am not buying without a demo.
The game is fun but worth the full RRP? IMO, no. Not worth it.

ARMS can be highly addictive for a couple hours but this also comes down if you have local people to play it with, yeah, there will be online play and the game will be compatible with the Pro Controller although ultimately ARMS was intended to be played with the Joy-Cons and all of its motion control moves. It would be cool if Sega could get Sonic, Shadow, Musashi (Shinobi) and Ryo (Shenmue) as playable fighters. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)