Hacking Demo mode switch

KhenWolfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to put the full os on a demo mode switch? Like could you just dump a backup of the normal os, and if so would it need to be hard modded?

Sonikkua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean you could try putting it into RCM mode and see what payloads show.

But I thought I read that demo units don’t even include a battery and for all I know the cartridge slot might not even be wired up internally but if the OS were hackable I guess you could use XCI loaders or NSPs.

Might be interesting just to see pictures or dump the nand.

Last edited by Sonikkua,

KhenWolfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's done recovery mode, initializing it just puts it back into demo mode after updating. Did you mean safe mode?

I've also read that it shouldn't have a battery but this one does. It's SD slot works as well it's what holds all the games afaik.but can't test the game cartridge slot

Thanks for the reply.

Oh and here's a picture of the recovery mode screen

Attachments

• received_438062763391798.jpeg
    received_438062763391798.jpeg
    23.9 KB · Views: 784
Last edited by KhenWolfe,

Flopglop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Spain
If demo switches work like demo psvitas, then maybe "demo mode" can be disabled with a button combo.

Also, could you send a photo of the back of the switch? If it's a different model number it might be impossible

Sonikkua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean I’m somewhat curious what would happen if you tried booting into RCM and using Choidujour to update it with a retail firmware update, but for all I know that could brick the thing.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Also dev units have different numbers of fuses burnt on the same firmwares as their retail counterparts. I don't know about demo units though.

orangpelupa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
He's done recovery mode, initializing it just puts it back into demo mode after updating. Did you mean safe mode?

I've also read that it shouldn't have a battery but this one does. It's SD slot works as well it's what holds all the games afaik.but can't test the game cartridge slot

Thanks for the reply.

Oh and here's a picture of the recovery mode screen

RCM, the black/blank screen that looks like the switch is OFF but its ON.

then push payload. maybe ctaer hekate, then dump the ROM. then upgrade to retail FW. But before upgrade....

maybe try various payloads and cfw first

repoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am interested to see if the OP has found out anything new since his last post. I just got my hands on a switch kiosk with a demo console. Also interested to find out if there is a way to update the wifi settings to upgrade to the newest demos.

jeb101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am interested to see if the OP has found out anything new since his last post. I just got my hands on a switch kiosk with a demo console. Also interested to find out if there is a way to update the wifi settings to upgrade to the newest demos.

If you can get into rcm, and load payloads, I'd start with a full nand dump and try using choix to do a OFW update. Restore from backup if it fails.. Now, I'm not sure if everything is the same, so nobody knows for sure if it'll work, even after recovering from your stock,although unlikely, as long as you don't burn fuses! !

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backup the switch(emmc)Module >Nand..
Backup the biskeys using Either biskeydump payload or the best> Lockpick RCM payload.

If you back both of those things up correctly and store them somewhere safe, you can mess around safely trying different fw (System updates) and be able to revert back in case of system failure,.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.