Dementium: The Ward (edit files)

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Cierpa, Jul 25, 2009.

Jul 25, 2009

Dementium: The Ward (edit files) by Cierpa at 5:58 AM (1,175 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Cierpa
    OP

Newcomer Cierpa Member

Poland
    Hi there!

First of all I want to say "Hello everybody" because it's my first post in GBAtemp forum. I've heard that you are the best in romhacking DS in web. I have some experience in translating/hacking GBA/SNES/PSX roms. I never trying to hack NDS rom before. Basics I know well... But I want to do something harder than translate normal dialog in game. I searched all yours discussions about NDS ROM Hacking, meanwhile I doing some exercises with unpacking roms and learning .nds files.

Now I trying to translate fabulous game on DS: Dementium: The Ward, to my language of course [​IMG] . I am doing it well, but I stopped... Reason? I cant translate one thing...

Actually I want to change (if someone unpack game that he knows which file i am talking about) load.NCGR file. If you played the game, that you noticed text in header "Select a File" when you choose a save game.

[​IMG]

I want to change that text into: "Wybierz Plik" - that means in my language "Selact a File" [​IMG] [​IMG] . Here's example:

[​IMG]

I know that to see and edit files like: NCGR, I need CrystalTile 2.... Yeah but when I replace with my own screen [load.NCGR import to BMP/PNG -> Edit in Photoshop -> export to load.NCGR -> Save]
    the texts overlaps:

[​IMG]

And when I try to choose save game then:

[​IMG]

I figure out that when I delete spr-load files, then text disappears.

So... how to edit files correctly to obtain my dreamed text?

2. DrOctapu

Member DrOctapu Magnificent Bastard

United States
    I don't know, but gbatemp isn't one of the best rom hackers, at least to my knowledge anyway. Most of the people on here just do simple things, using tools for specific games. In all honesty have only seen a few translation projects here that have had fruitful results. You may have mistaken us for a rom hacking community, as we are a rom AND hacking news website, and we are one of the most popular ones.

Also romhacking.net is a good resource for utilities.

3. Cierpa
    OP

Newcomer Cierpa Member

Poland
    So... you guys are not able to help me with my question?

4. Gagarin

Member Gagarin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Czesc Cierpa:)
    I wish I can help You with that, but I have no skills...
    Anyway, keep asking!
    Powodzenia.