Hardware Dell XPS 15 vs. Lenovo Y500

raystriker

The powers that be
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I know that in general, both the laptops have almost same specs. This is not for myself, asking for a friend. He wants a sleek laptop with good gaming capabilities that makes a style statement too. I recommended him the XPS 15 9550 i7 variant. Did I do right by him? He did some research himself and likes the Dell but can't decide between the Lenovo Y700 and the Dell. The Lenovo is cheaper and provides slightly better battery life whereas the Dell is downright gorgeous and future-proof but expensive.

Basically: better Battery life+ Cheaper vs Better aesthetics+ thunderbolt and hence future-proof(eg usable with Razer Core)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will take your word on the specs for this one.

Does your friend think it looks better? Also I am not sure I would lend that much credence to the notion of thunderbolt making things future proof, though I guess it would be better than what exists now (basically nothing). How useful that is for a laptop I am not sure about.

Anyway in these situations I guess it would be what keyboard, monitor and mouse/pad does your friend like more? The battery life thing will be meaningless in a few months once the new smell wears off and the battery wears in (not to mention battery life specs are usually a nice bit of fiction for everything) but the keyboard, screen and pad will be there for the life of the device.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1