Question Deleting logs after emuNAND

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by QueenMawina, Jul 16, 2019.

1. QueenMawina
    OP

QueenMawina Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Spain
    Hi, I have been watching some guides into doing emuNAND on switch, and I have seen one that recommends formatting your sysNAND after you set up emuNAND to delete crash logs and other kinds of traces.
    But I dont want to lose my save data in my sysNAND, is it possible to do a clear log without formatting it?
    thanku

2. chippy

chippy GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2017
    Australia
    If you have been online clearing logs will get you baned as they won't match what you have already sent to Nintendo
    Leave the logs. Has your sysnand got backup games installed? If so don't go online
    Do you have a backup of your system before you hacked it?
    Have you been online since you hacked it?

3. QueenMawina
    OP

QueenMawina Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Spain
    I still havent hacked my console, my console is still completely healthy.
    What i want to do is backup my sysnand, just in case. Then, set up emuNAND in an SDcard, and use that to run backup games and homebrew.
    Ill only boot up sysnand to go online and play legit bought games, I wont use CFW on it
    My concern is that making a backup of it and setting up emunand might leave traces.
    Ill be on airplane mode all the time in emunand, and only go online in sysnand

4. chippy

chippy GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2017
    Australia
    Because you don't boot into the system, all the backing up and emunand is done before the system, it won't leave traces. Don't bother with clearing logs it's not needed and a good wa way to get baned

PHiLiPZ likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted