Homebrew Question Delete software and game icon without deleting Play time

reannu123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
What method should I use to delete a game icon and software without deleting play time?

There have been times when I deleted a game I played for some (70+) hours and reinstalled the game, the play time restarted to 0.

Is there a way to just delete the icon and the game files without deleting all traces of play time?

Thanks in advance!

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I'm not sure if you can do it officially (probably not), but there's a homebrew that keeps track of all you playtime stats.
https://github.com/tallbl0nde/NX-Activity-Log/releases
I think it will keep the stats even if you reinstall the game, but i'm not completely sure, you can try it anyway (and it let's you override the user's page).
...Even tho all my stats are in tact after deleting games, so i haven't faced such problem like yours.

Last edited by bad361,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think play time might be saved to nintendo's servers too, because when I got a refurbished unit from nintendo, the times were in tact. I didn't like that, so I deleted my play history.

reannu123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I think play time might be saved to nintendo's servers too, because when I got a refurbished unit from nintendo, the times were in tact. I didn't like that, so I deleted my play history.
You deleted play history connected to your nintendo account? I guess I'll try that out too when I want to start a clean slate

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm not sure if you can do it officially (probably not), but there's a homebrew that keeps track of all you playtime stats.
https://github.com/tallbl0nde/NX-Activity-Log/releases
I think it will keep the stats even if you reinstall the game, but i'm not completely sure, you can try it anyway (and it let's you override the user's page).
...Even tho all my stats are in tact after deleting games, so i haven't faced such problem like yours.

I think I remember why my play time was removed. It turned out that I reset my switch before I started installing homebrew that's why my 70 hour play time was non-existent

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You deleted play history connected to your nintendo account?

yes, it seems that what it shows on the system is recorded on nintendo's servers, but if you delete play history, it will start over. I kinda wanted a good way to know how much time I've played without it being added to the old system. my switch had failed, so nintendo sent a refurbished unit. since my nand had gotten corrupted, I lost all saves, so I decided to start anew. I really wish I had gotten nintendo online by that time. cloud saving would've saved me. I guess the irony is don't go stock. lol

reannu123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
yes, it seems that what it shows on the system is recorded on nintendo's servers, but if you delete play history, it will start over. I kinda wanted a good way to know how much time I've played without it being added to the old system. my switch had failed, so nintendo sent a refurbished unit. since my nand had gotten corrupted, I lost all saves, so I decided to start anew. I really wish I had gotten nintendo online by that time. cloud saving would've saved me. I guess the irony is don't go stock. lol

Ahh I see, that's tragic. I hope you have recovered from your loss.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't gone back to mm x6. I'm a little of the ways through octopath. most other saves I've gotten back. I immediately bought switch online after I got the refurbished unit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-