Hacking Defective Cyclo DS

Alcarajo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got a Cyclo DS less than a week ago. It worked fine at first, but now everytime i try to play a game my DS Turns off Randomly. I tried to play my original DS games and they worked fine, so i think that the problem is the Cyclo DS. Anybody else has this problem? Like i said, the game doesn't freeze, the DS turns OFF.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
erm, you can try getting a refund or exchange at the store you bought it from
i dont often hear about defective cyclos, so yeah, i wouldnt know whats wrong with it
try posting on the official cyclo ds forums and maybe you can get some help there

Alcarajo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tinymonkeyt said:
i dont often hear about defective cyclos, so yeah, i wouldnt know whats wrong with it
try posting on the official cyclo ds forums and maybe you can get some help there

Thanks, that's what i might do, but i wanted to post this just in case there was a solution. I wanted to post this on the official cyclo ds forums, but registrations are closed.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i might have registered
ill go check
ill post your problem if i am and you can still read the forum if youre not registered right?

EDIT:hmm seems like i havent registered :/
there are some people here that i know for sure are registered though
im sure theyd be more than willing to help you out

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
post his problem up there ^ first post on the forums
he can go check and see if anyone else had the same problems as he did

Alcarajo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In just wanted to know if anybody else is having the same problem i'm having. Every time i start to play a game on my cyclo ds, the ds turns off. Now the problem is getting worse, i can't even play for 2 minutes and it turns off. I also wanted to know if i could do anything, if not then i have to return it.

Alcarajo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, if anybody can post my problem there it would be very appreciated. I heard about the cyclo crashing or freezing the DS, but Turning it off?? Unless that's called crashing too. I'm pretty damn upset, i sold my R4 that was working almost perfect for more than a year, and i buy the cyclo and this happens.

azniceman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem and posted it up here back in August. I can play slow RPG games, but the minute I play games like fast games like Contra 4, Castlevania series, it would turn off, like it does when you run out of battery. I bought it from consolesource.com and they're hella shady. I noticed when I got the Cyclods the reciept said I bought it a year ago. There response to it was nothing not even an email. I finally got a hold of Team CycloDs after my first attempt in August, last week. Hearing that they will take care of it. But the answer is no, we no longer do that. I have tried everything with different sd cards. I believe it is hell of defective. So yeah I have the same problem.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since you bought from a unreliable source (not even gonna berate you for it), they might have given you an old model. Do the "paper trick," where you tape a piece of paper on top of the CycloDS sticker so it makes the flash card fatter than usual. This will help the pins make contact with the DS better.

azniceman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Demon imma try that. At least you tried. The rest of the forums that I have posted on just went blank, after I trying different microsd cards. lol the old trick in the book to me is, buy another one from them but make sure I ship the old one back and get a refund. They deserve it.

azniceman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heres the update.
Omg it worked!!! Not to sure yet but I made it thru the first stage of Contra 4. Ususally it dies at the halfwat point. I seen it die the first time but turned itself back on. Usually it dies. So I pushed it harder inside the slot. Knowing by now it will be stuck in there permanently. I left extra paper hanging out so I have something to pull on, but it might rip.
But not to sure yet is the only thing. Witnessing it die the first time is bad. Im at work right now so I can't give it, its full time test.
How did you know that, that might be the problem?

azniceman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought about that, but the site is on this sites homepage, and tc's website. under recommended. Their just crooks.
Contra 4 is comfirmed to be running.but with you hold down all the buttons to get to the in game menu that the cyclods use to have, to access the quick save, the screen just turns white???
Hope all this is helping the original poster.

Priss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
azniceman said:
In-game menu that the cyclods has, to access the quick save, the screen just turns white???
Turns white when you access the menu or after you hit save?
If it's after you hit save, then you MicroSD die on you when performing this task.
Happens once in a while and will keep doing it if it has a hard time with the game itself.
lecture.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
azniceman said:
I thought about that, but the site is on this sites homepage, and tc's website. under recommended. Their just crooks.
Contra 4 is comfirmed to be running.but with you hold down all the buttons to get to the in game menu that the cyclods use to have, to access the quick save, the screen just turns white???
Hope all this is helping the original poster.
Make sure you have the latest firmware (1.41).

Otherwise, any trouble loading the in-game menu is actually due to MicroSD issues. You may want to try reformatting your MicroSD with a program (not the Windows built-in formatter), this solves the issue for many people.

And how long did you wait for the in-game menu? Does it turn white indefinitely? You should try waiting at least 30 seconds for it to appear. If it's very slow but not frozen, then reformatting usually helps. If it freezes completely then I'm not sure if reformatting will help but try it anyways.

azniceman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does it right when you hit all the buttons to get to the menu. I wait for more then 10 minutes to experiment. I will go to reformat the microsd to see what happens. Thanks

Username_09

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tinymonkeyt said:
I don't EVER hear about defective Cyclos-which is why i just ordered mine.
yaynds.gif

EDIT: whoops wrong year not meaning to spam

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol