Defeating boss in Pokemon Ranger

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by kelpso, Sep 18, 2012.

Sep 18, 2012
  1. kelpso
    OP

Newcomer kelpso Newbie

New Zealand
    I'm not sure if this is the correct topic so feel free to move this if it isn't.
    I'm trying to defeat the boss in Pokemon Ranger and the furthest I get is Entei before I break my Styler. Are there any ways I can make the whole thing easier?
    Currently I'm using Gengar on Raikou; removing one of Suicune's clones and capturing the real thing in any way possible; then Entei is a mystery.

2. DragorianSword

Member DragorianSword GBAtemp's #1 Gunter

Belgium
    I seem to remember I used Vaporeon (or another strong water-type) and Espeon which you could find somewhere in the ruins.
    Rock or ground is also very effective.

3. kelpso
    OP

Newcomer kelpso Newbie

New Zealand
    Thanks. The real problem I'm having is manoeuvring around the flame geysers; I'm scared of hitting them.
    How long does Entei, once it's removed them, take to bring them back?

4. DarkraiHunter

Member DarkraiHunter GBAtemp Regular

Pakistan
    If memory serves me, it takes approximately 3 seconds for the flames to reappear. I recall using Pichu to static him right after the flames vanished, so it kept him stationary for a good 5+ seconds.
    Also trying taking some Raichus with you, they were quite a few near that temple.

5. kelpso
    OP

Newcomer kelpso Newbie

New Zealand
    Oh thank you, I should be able to capture it now.
    Yeah, I've got one Raichu already. I couldn't find any others though.

Edit: YAY, I DID IT! My team was Minun, Gengar, Golem, Donphan, Vaporeon, Raichu, Flareon, and Espeon.
    I used Gengar on Raikou, Minun then Espeon (because it was off-screen when I paralysed it) on Suicune, and Vaporeon on Entei.

1 person likes this.