Akebellum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all :D

There’s a new method of determining what abilities you will roll on gear in Splat3, and an easy way of finding out is by decrypting your save and checking the seeds directly. Does anyone know how I would go about decrypting the save? I have my keys, a modded switch, and I’m using JKSV. Even just pointing me in the right direction would be amazingly helpful! Thank you!

Ezegardiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I've been trying all day using Hactool with no results. It always gives me "Save header is corrupt", and there's no answer on the whole internet. I've dumped all keys and saves but still, no results. Hope someone finds an answer soon!!

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i believe it would be possible to see the seed value through a memory viewer

Edit: it is possible to find the seed through a memory viewer. using edizon se, i kept leveling up a gear slowly until i got my searches low. it did give me 6 results and there were multiple u32 hex value to go through but i manage to find the right one after rerolling slots. now i got perfect gear with this :D

Last edited by ezkitty,

axoinabucket

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i believe it would be possible to see the seed value through a memory viewer

Edit: it is possible to find the seed through a memory viewer. using edizon se, i kept leveling up a gear slowly until i got my searches low. it did give me 6 results and there were multiple u32 hex value to go through but i manage to find the right one after rerolling slots. now i got perfect gear with this :D
hey would you be able to give more info on this what would I be searching for to find the seed I'm a bit confused

Last edited by axoinabucket,

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey would you be able to give more info on this what would I be searching for to find the seed I'm a bit confused

A tool was released that will allow you to read seeds directly from your PC using sysbot. Give it a try!

https://gbatemp.net/threads/shiverbot-splatoon-3-memory-editor-using-sys-botbase.620129/

Edit: Please make sure you're not editing the value through the memory editor. You should only be using it to view memory and nothing else. Possible edits can lead to ban. It's safe to search for values and then create stuff out of it. I've hacked my switch for years and no ban. If anyone can create a tesla menu overlay to help provide seeds, then that would be very useful.

1) Grab the EXP value off the gear you want to grab the seed

2) Now search in Edizon SE (https://github.com/tomvita/EdiZon-SE). Search ram, set Type as u32, Mode as ==, and Region as HEAP. Put down your value as you see and then search. Now you'll get a bunch of search results. You'll want to play 1 battle mode to gain some EXP. In my opinion, it's best to earn very little amounts EXP if the gear is clear from sub abilities. Most cases you might get a gear with early double or triple sub abilities. You'll want to spend 10 chunks to fill in the first slot and then have the rest fill in from level up if you already know your seed. Saving you 50 chunks if you want perfect gear. Once you search again, you should have like less than 10 search results. If you press down on the right stick ( RS / R3 ), you can view memory

3) You will want to view each search results until you find one with lots of information. The one down is just the basic one. Doesn't show much. Picture below it will show the one you want. Got lots of info on the gear. If you see that, then you got it. There are some that show the seed or random numbers with very little info as well.

Red = EXP
Green = Gear rank
Yellow = Main ability
Pink = Sub abilities
Orange = Possibly gear last obtained/used ???
Light blue = Seed

4) Finally you got your seed and ready to find out your future sub abilities. You can check your future abilities if you already have 3 sub abilities on and at least 1 super sea snail. Reroll your sub abilities. Right as soon as you see your new abilities, quit out the game immediately so you don't lose your super sea snail. (I ran out so I can't demonstrate). You can verify the abilities you saw for like 2 seconds or less and compare them to the seed checker
https://leanny.github.io/splat3seedchecker/#/

I hope this makes sense to anyone!

1665328812233.png

Last edited by ezkitty,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4