ROM Hack Decrypting pokemon VC

toto9992

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi !

I wanted to decrypt and extract the cia of Pokémon blue but I'm really struggling at the moment.
When I try to decrypt it with decrypt9WIP it doesn't work despite thet i got all the .bin files in the root of the SD card (it tells me something about seed not found in seeddb.bin), and braindump just crash with a red bottom screen.

Am I doing something wrong ?

kohu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In decrypt 9 there should be the option to dump/update your own seeddb from nand or emunand to the SD card. I can't check right now as I don't have my 3ds on me but look for that option within the decrypt 9 menus. Doing that let me decrypt it with decrypt 9. I never did get brain dump working.

EDIT: I forgot to specify you may want to dump from emunand, or wherever you have blue installed to. Blue will need to be installed first and booting.

Last edited by kohu,

toto9992

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In decrypt 9 there should be the option to dump/update your own seeddb from nand or emunand to the SD card. I can't check right now as I don't have my 3ds on me but look for that option within the decrypt 9 menus. Doing that let me decrypt it with decrypt 9. I never did get brain dump working.

EDIT: I forgot to specify you may want to dump from emunand, or wherever you have blue installed to. Blue will need to be installed first and booting.

Thanks, but when I do it, it doesn't find any new seed. (I did it from sysNAND where my game is installed)

EDIT : nevermind, I updated from sysNAND but with with emuNAND content, and now it works, thanks !

Last edited by toto9992,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...