Decrypting pokemon VC

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by toto9992, Mar 11, 2016.

1. toto9992
    OP

toto9992 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    France
    France
    Hi !

I wanted to decrypt and extract the cia of Pokémon blue but I'm really struggling at the moment.
    When I try to decrypt it with decrypt9WIP it doesn't work despite thet i got all the .bin files in the root of the SD card (it tells me something about seed not found in seeddb.bin), and braindump just crash with a red bottom screen.

Am I doing something wrong ?

2. kohu

kohu Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2007
    United States
    In decrypt 9 there should be the option to dump/update your own seeddb from nand or emunand to the SD card. I can't check right now as I don't have my 3ds on me but look for that option within the decrypt 9 menus. Doing that let me decrypt it with decrypt 9. I never did get brain dump working.

EDIT: I forgot to specify you may want to dump from emunand, or wherever you have blue installed to. Blue will need to be installed first and booting.

Last edited by kohu, Mar 11, 2016
  3. toto9992
    OP

toto9992 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    France
    France
    Thanks, but when I do it, it doesn't find any new seed. (I did it from sysNAND where my game is installed)

EDIT : nevermind, I updated from sysNAND but with with emuNAND content, and now it works, thanks !

Last edited by toto9992, Mar 12, 2016