Hacking Decrypt9WIP vs GodMode9?

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
Ask a newbie how to dump a cart using d9 and he will need to look for tutorials to actually know how to do it.
Magically know how to do something out of nowhere is absurd.
The menu item is literally called "Gamecart Dumper Options" and then "Dump Cart (full)" or "(trim)". This is MUCH more obvious than copying a file from a virtual drive to the SD card. Decrypt9 IS more user-friendly, its menu is clearly labeled. Want to do things in sysNAND, such as dumping? Select "sysNAND options". Want to build a CIA from local content? "Content Decryptor Options" (not very obvious, but the only thing that makes sense) and "CIA Builder options". I had to search for this one, but I still don't know how to build CIAs from local content in GodMode9.

I just looked it up on the 3DS.guide, you have to press on the TMD and select "TMD file options" - but note that this can ONLY be done when selecting "SYSNAND SD". When you navigate manually to the "Nintendo 3DS" folder and select a TMD, you won't get this option. Very confusing. Nothing against GodMode9, it's a great piece of software, but it's still a file browser with added functionality, which is a UX nightmare.

Mendelevium

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
GodMode9 easy, even before B9S came out. Another clincher was the title search thing. The mark of a great software is a feature you never thought of wanting, but it comes anyways and it's sweet. Plus with Plailect's guide having a section on GodMode9 usage, it is the premiere software from d0k3.
Can you tell me if Decrypt9 is still useful to unban 3ds? I say this because I still see him being mentioned in some tutorials

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Materia_tofu, i have asperger and it makes me part of the (zx) spectrum +1