Decrypt9 won't load

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ValconExe, Nov 8, 2016.

1. ValconExe
    OP

ValconExe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    I've been having several problems on my 3DS as of late, and recently, I made a thread about Decrypt9 not working through my browser. I was told to try through HBL. Today I re-gained access to HBL, and tried to boot Decrypt9 from it, but it constantly black screened, each time that I tried to open it. I even found someone saying to rename my Decrypt9WIP.bin to arm9loaderhax.bin. Neither worked. I'm sorry for having so many questions recently, but can someone try to help me? Thanks!

2. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    What firmware are you using?

3. ValconExe
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    Oh, yeah, sorry, forgot to mention the basics. I'm on 9.2, with a browser version of 1.7567.

4. Omegadrien

Omegadrien GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    Don't use HBL, but that: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/decrypt9-(browser)

Yep, latest decrypt9 doesn't work with the .3dsx, even on 9.2

edit: have you installed a9lh?

Last edited by Omegadrien, Nov 8, 2016
  5. ValconExe
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    I already tried to use Decrypt9 through the browser, but it didn't matter how many times I tried or Initialized Save Data, it always crashed my 3DS.

Yes, I have installed A9LH in the past, but it doesn't load anything anymore because I (for some reason) decided it would be a good idea to save all my files on it, then format my SD card. Not knowing that emuNAND was saved in a partition, I deleted my emuNAND and am now stuck in the position I'm in.

6. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    A normal format won't wipe emunand, you need to personally delete the partition or use a dedicated program to do so.

7. trinhno

trinhno GBAtemp Regular

Aug 5, 2015
    Senegal
    To rule out other possibilities, can you try booting D9 with another SD card?

8. ValconExe
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    IDK if it is supposed to wipe emuNAND, but it isn't booting, so I think it probs got deleted somehow.

I don't have another SD card this large, but ill try to do it on another SD card.

9. trinhno

trinhno GBAtemp Regular

Aug 5, 2015
    Senegal
    Are you using luma? You can chain load D9 at boot by pressing a button. Should be more stable.

Did you format using your computer? It might not have erased some magic number part for the emunand. Use another SD card to load emunand9, press select to remove the SD card, change it with your and use emunand9 to properly erase the emunand.

10. ValconExe
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    I'm using Luma, which button would that be?

I did format using my computer, but I'd still rather have an emuNAND or redNAND on my 3DS (so I can add Pokemon to my game via QR code on my sysNAND, which would be lower FW than my emu/redNAND).

11. trinhno

trinhno GBAtemp Regular

Aug 5, 2015
    Senegal
    Just to be clear, what did you mean by "I deleted my emuNAND"? Coz that would involve deleting the hidden partition using some kind of partitioning software.

To have redNAND or emuNAND again, you'd need to format the card for that using EmuNAND9 and restore a back up of that.

Put emuNAND9.bin into luma/payloads folder and rename it to up_emuNAND9.bin, or some other button that is not in use and hold up when turning on the machine.

12. ValconExe
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    I deleted my emuNAND means that I formatted my SD card, but I had copy pasted my stuff onto a folder on my computer. Not realising that emuNAND was a partition, I don't think that it survived the format. Actually, it's possible it did since my 32 GB SD card still only has 2 GB of open space.

OK, I will go use emuNAND9, to try to get it to work. Thanks!

13. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Yep you need emuNAND9. Your computer is only going to format the part it can see, and not be able to erase the emuNAND.

14. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    did you format the card to fat32 with a 32kb cluster?

15. ValconExe
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    No, but afterwards I formatted it back to that (if that's the correct one, IDR, I looked up what format is right for a 3DS SD card.

Anyway, I had to leave, so I'm not done with emuNAND9

16. ValconExe
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    OK, I've tried to run it from HBL around 11 times, and it has just blackscreened my 3DS each time. Is this normal, or is something else messed up?

17. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You can't use arm9 homebrew over 9.2 from the homebrew launcher. You have to use it as a Luma payload (put the bin file in luma/payloads and name it button_emunand9.bin where button is what button you want to hold on boot to launch it)

18. ValconExe
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    I did that, it just booted to the home menu, like normal.

EDIT: I'm gonna make a new thread, this one is getting really far from the original topic.

Last edited by ValconExe, Nov 10, 2016
  19. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    So you downloaded emuNAND9, put the bin in luma/payloads, named it up_emunand9.bin, held up before and during booting, and it just loaded the home screen? You do have a9lh installed right?

20. ValconExe
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    Yeah it's loading hourglass9 just fine.