Decrypt9 NTR_CARDHAX?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by dotqurter_, Jul 15, 2017.

1. dotqurter_
    OP

dotqurter_ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    United States
    lost in ARM9
    I've been looking in the NDS Flashcart Options and it has a few options for "Auto NTRCARDHAX to AK2i" and stuff. Why is this?
    (Just a simple question)

2. Tenshi_Okami

Tenshi_Okami GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    If you have a AK2I flashcard, you can flash the ntrcardhax exploit to it(when it's released)

3. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    That's a different arm9 exploit that worked up to 10.3. You're mixing it up with ntrboothax.

4. Tenshi_Okami

Tenshi_Okami GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Yeah, sorry I am very tired. Plus they sound so similar xD

zoogie likes this.
  5. Cjmcgiv

Cjmcgiv GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2016
    Canada
    NTRCARDhax uses flash cards and AK2i can be controlled using this hack. I'm guessing that this puts some sort of necessary files on your AK2i or preps it for NTRCARDhax.

Got this from the git hub page (https://gist.github.com/kitling/e6e03b5f26f9c6b50515#file-2-hardware-md):

Updatable Flashcards
    It may be possible to update a flashcard with a header that we control. Though, we're not sure how one of these cards will react when a length of 0x4000 attempts to be read.

On the AK2i, all 0x4000 bytes are controlable, and can be used! Normmatt implemented this in his repository here: https://github.com/Normmatt/ntrcardhax

Hope this helps!

-Cjmcgiv

THYPLEX and dpad_5678 like this.
  6. dotqurter_
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    United States
    lost in ARM9
    Oh, so its not having to do with any of the new talk about the upcoming release. I felt like I wasn't special x3

Edit: Never mind, but quick question: If I wanted to buy a flash cart with the new anti-brick protection (aka ntrboothax), which ones would work?

Last edited by dotqurter_, Jul 15, 2017
  7. Cjmcgiv

Cjmcgiv GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2016
    Canada
    No sorry, what you're thinking of is ntrboothax not ntrcardhax, ntrboothax is the new special awesome one, while on the other hand I rarely hear ntrcardhax talked about.

Edit: The card for ntrboothax (which is basically confirmed to work) is the AceKard 2i

-Cjmcgiv

Last edited by Cjmcgiv, Jul 15, 2017
  8. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Get yourself an AceKard 2i.

9. dotqurter_
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    United States
    lost in ARM9
    I cannot seem to find one instock anywhere (lmao probably everyone's hype of ntrboothax)

10. Cjmcgiv

Cjmcgiv GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2016
    Canada
  11. dotqurter_
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    United States
    lost in ARM9
    (haha, I'll have to buy it, get a hardmod afterwards sometime, then reformat it for viewing .mp4 vids of anime)

(I'll probably order it sometime soon, its getting late and I'm technically still under the legal age limit of most things (like ordering using a debit card and owning a debit card)

Last edited by dotqurter_, Jul 15, 2017
    Cjmcgiv likes this.
  12. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If you have a bank account you can use PayPal on nds-card.com

13. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    And that's why ntrboothax isn't released yet.
    They don't want everywhere to run out of carts, causing the price to be jacked up by scalpers, so they're adding support for more carts before release.
    The only cart we know will likely be supported so far is the AK2i, and even though there's no definitive confirmation that "yes, ntrboothax will support AK2i on release" from the devs, people are still jumping on the bandwagon and buying them.
    Not to say it won't be supported on release, it most likely will be. But so far they have only mentioned the AK2i as working, not outright said that "yes this will be supported and yes it will be supported from day 1"
    So you may be better off waiting for more information and more supported flashcarts before buying, if you can't find the AK2i for a decent price.
    I think $21 is an okay price though. Definitely worth buying, as long as you're willing to wait for the actual release (it might take a while)

14. dotqurter_
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    United States
    lost in ARM9
    See, the issue is that I'm still a minor.

Also, I was gonna buy the flash card anyway, since CIAngel works, while ndsbootstrap doesn't x3

15. tunip3

tunip3 [debugger active]

Oct 31, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Just ma
    Some stores offer debit card gift cards just get Ur parents to get u one

16. dotqurter_
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    United States
    lost in ARM9
    Its fine, just talked to one of them and they are going to let me use their paypal account when they see the item I want to buy.

tunip3 likes this.
  17. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You have you have a bank account, right? You should be able to get one even as a minor. Otherwise how would teenagers be able to have jobs? You don't need a driver's license or anything to open a PayPal account, and I'm not sure if it is even age restricted. So nothing is stopping you.

Last edited by Quantumcat, Jul 15, 2017
  18. Cjmcgiv

Cjmcgiv GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2016
    Canada
    PayPal is age restricted. When you open a papal account you agree to a legal binding contract, so you have to meet the legal contract age where you live, in most places that age is 18. You can lie about your age to PayPal, but if it is discovered that you are under the legal contract age of where you live they have the right to suspend your account until you're 18.

Edit: Not saying you should do it, but making a PayPal account and making one purchase to nds-card.com is not likely to get your account suspended. (TOTALLY not suggesting you do it though ;))

-Cjmcgiv

Last edited by Cjmcgiv, Jul 15, 2017
    Quantumcat likes this.
  19. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    And how will you care once you have bought the one thing that you were after? It matters if you sell a lot of stuff and might have some funds frozen, but if you're only buying, that won't affect you at all.

Cjmcgiv likes this.
  20. Cjmcgiv

Cjmcgiv GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2016
    Canada
    Very true. That is why I edited my reply to say that making one purchase is most likely safe.

-Cjmcgiv