Decisive Pokemon HG Fix

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Blazer, Apr 30, 2010.

Apr 30, 2010

Decisive Pokemon HG Fix by Blazer at 11:48 PM (1,369 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Blazer
    OP

Member Blazer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    There are lots of threads spread throughout the forum but they all seem to be about Pokesav, converting saves, or getting it to work on no$GBA, or the information is so hard to find or unclear that it doesn't really help.

That being said Pokemon Heart Gold plays well enough on my Supercard DSOne but every so while the screen goes black (IIRC the music continues) and the game is rendered useless. I read something about this happening after 24 events but I can't say for sure.

I tried taking some edited file and replacing one of the original fines by unpacking the ROM with DSLazy and repacking it with the edited file. I did this in an attempt to fix the alleged "anti-piracy" glitch but to no avail.

That being said it'd be great to have a clear answer on how to fix this. Yes, I've searched a dozen or so youtube videos which don't seem to work, involve the failed anti-piracy fix, are for no$GBA, involve using an unofficial translation of Heart Gold, or something else.

Mods, please move this topic if it's not in the right section. Oh wait I shouldn't tell you to do your job, sorry

Thanks.

2. TM2-Megatron

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    I was under the impression that most flashcarts, at this point, had received firmware updates to fix the AP issue with HeartGold/SoulSilver. Is that not the case for the DSONEi?

3. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
  4. Blazer
    OP

United States
    OBJECTION!

The responses to the forum post are too vague to tell me what to do with the ZIP once I've downloaded it and extracted the files from it... I have Supercard DS1 SDHC, idk what firmware or whatever but probably not the latest, I read in one of the replies I'm supposed to put it in the "X_dsone" folder but I lack such a folder and I can't find any files to replace.

Help please.

5. Blazer
    OP

United States
    Bump

Like, I kinda wanna play Pokemanz you see

(points to above posts)

6. Blazer
    OP

United States