• Total voters

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi, I'm going on holiday for 3 weeks, and wanted to know what GBA games/homebrews and DS games/homebrews I should take.
The games I have spent the most time on were Ace Attorney, TWEWY, Metroid Prime Hunters, Boktai 3, FFIV, FFXII RW
However, games that I have hated A LOT: Hotel Dusk, FFA2, Lunar Genesis,

Thankyou for your time.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hmmm. Seeing how you don't seem to like slower paced games, (Not sure about Lunar genesis, but I found Hotel Dusk and FFTA2 slow paced.) I'll recommend Ninja Giaden DS. It may be fully stylus, but extremely fast paced action.

D

Deleted-119707

depends really. what type of games do you enjoy?
shooting?racing?rpg? sport? simulation? am so on...

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
nicky041192 said:
depends really. what type of games do you enjoy?
shooting?racing?rpg? sport? simulation? am so on...
Practicly anything as long as it doesn't relate to a film/tv series or is intended for "the casual gamer"

D

Deleted-119707

imo, cod4. thats fast paced and is a really good game.
i also recommend ninja gaiden. i completed it in about 6hrs tho on normal.

D

Deleted-119707

for homebrew, i reccommend dsorganise. tat will help you on your holiday organising and to keep time on your events. and if there is a wifi hotspot, go on the web browser and go on ebuddy.com or something as beup dpesnt work any more...

other games i recommend:
mario kart ds
need for speed prostreet
trauma centre 1 and 2
ff III

i cant think of any for the gba

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Do you already have jEnesisDS and NeoDS? They're both amazingly high quality emulators (for Sega Mega Drive/Genesis and Neo Geo respectively). Jam Sessions is a fun time waster if you like making music; not much of a game so much as it's a virtual guitar. It has a recording function, but I have no musical talent whatsoever, so I have fun just sitting around strumming. If you're interested in learning Spanish, My Spanish Coach is actually remarkably fun. It's mainly just vocab, so it won't help you much in a conversation, but as a game which happens to be educating, it's surprisingly entertaining. Get the (U) version, the (E) version is split into two separate games. Uno/Skip-Bo/Uno Free Fall has a pretty good implementation of Uno, could look a bit nicer and be a lot more customisable, but it's fun for what it is. Uno Free Fall is a crappy puzzle game, and I've never played Skip-Bo, so I can't vouch for that. WordUp! is the best homebrew game I've played for the DS, period. You spell out words by dragging the stylus across a grid, and the letters disappear when you use them. If not for the default Palib font it uses I could be fooled into believing it's a commercial game.

On the GBA side, Astro Boy - Omega Factor is a game I sorely regret missing out on at release time. I only recently caught up with it, and it's fantastic. If you're feeling lazy, play it on easy, it's still an enjoyable game and remains a challenge in places. bit Generations games: Dotstream, Dialhex and Orbital are the best, and they are some of the most fun I've ever had on the GBA. Dotstream is a racer with powerups but you play as a dot, and can slipstream the other dots to gain speed. Dialhex is a "match the pieces" puzzle where you rotate hexagons. Orbital is like Katamari Damacy in space; you start as a planet and must collect satellites and absorb smaller planets until you're large enough to have a star orbit you. Very slow paced, very brilliant. SuperWings is a funny, difficult homebrew scrolling shooter. It won one of those contest things on PDROMs, classic graphics and gameplay.

Hope some of that stuff is new to you, enjoy the holiday.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo