Gaming Debate: English patch release in parts or when it is completed

When do you want to get your hands on the translated game?

• Total voters

Serberker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I've seen some threads on this forum where the team was promising (postponing) the translation release.
Eventually they lost interest and the thread died, only to be necrod some time later about its progress.

As the leader of Lord of Apocalypse I chose to do smaller releases, because the game is not very popular and I doubt a 100% translation will ever happen.
A consequence of this is that from the 5 (or 6?) releases 2 contained game crashing, save game corrupting bugs.

I'm wondering what are your thoughts, experiences about this.

Carlitos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I speak more from someone who's translating a game right now (Madoka Magica Portable), and not so much from someone who's waited for certain releases of a game in the form of patches like this.
I think doing patches in small increments work well. You get more feedback from people along the way, allowing you to fix some of those hiccups along the way, or at least be able to address them much sooner.
Plus, it helps to get a little bit of the word to the public that you're working on something that may garner attention. It builds over time, which brings an audience, which brings more feedback/criticisms/praises/etc., which motivates and fuels you to keep working on the project. Kind of like a positive feedback loop.

KarlaMontreal

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I never translate any games, but I played a lot, and I already waited a lot of projects of translating to play then and they aren´t finished, so would be better to release the patch in parts in my opinion, besides people can help with feedbacks and this can make the person or the people who r translating get more excited to the project

Malckyor

The One and Only!
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I agree with everything @Carlitos said, it's good to have feedbacks to any bugs and all, plus you see the interested public giving you support, besides you can do it all yourself but it's good to share with others so they can test and see if they can find anything that you missed and also it is a quite demanding time tests, this is my perspective and experience as the OP of the DLC thread and as a tester for Danganronpa 2. By the way @Serberker, I did checked a few things in your patch, altough I did not encountered any issue with my savedata. I'm sorry @Carlitos as I did not have enough time to check your work yet, but I will.

Reactions: Carlitos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU +1