ROM Hack Death Note games translation project (need help)

smash_legend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to translate the deathnote games
starting with the first one

now, this is the first time I've tried to do anything lyk this, but I want to do it
first off, what will I need to get the rom open so I can see all the files inside

and, I will need to know how to edit these files

if anyone wants to partner with me on this project, be my guest

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smash_legend said:
I want to translate the deathnote games
starting with the first one

now, this is the first time I've tried to do anything lyk this, but I want to do it
first off, what will I need to get the rom open so I can see all the files inside

and, I will need to know how to edit these files

if anyone wants to partner with me on this project, be my guest

So, in other words, you want to learn romhacking so you can translate the game.

smash_legend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yah, is he on this site?
I just want to play this game
if there's someone who needs help, I'll help
otherwise I'll just do it myself

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smash_legend said:
pretty much
but I can do it, unlyk everyone else, I'm actually willing to do it

Umm... unlyk?
There are plenty of people learning how to romhack, but if you ever plan on making a translation of any game, you may want to learn HOW to romhack first, otherwise, you won't be able to hack any text into the game or change the graphics/title screens or change pointers/text in an arm9.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

metalmouth647

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks once again Bond697, and yeah Death Notes an epic series. I wonder if the games are worth it even in english, im going to try this out.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
phoenixgoddess27 said:
zizer said:
All this thread is only talk

Don't be rude.
What did you expect? A patch?
The OP was asking for help to translate the game
In which case he could've looked for a rom hacking tutorial, or he could've asked for tools. He did neither. He just posted the title of a game he'd want to translate if he actually gets around to learning how to ROMhack.
And of course he says he's actually willing to do it, but I've heard so many people say that before that I don't know whether or not to believe him. First let's see him survive the first noob flood with messages like "OMG no patch this thread is fake and gay" before we get all enthusiastic. He's not the first person here who asks for help in learning how to romhack in this way, and he'd certainly not be the first to get people all enthusiastic and then let them down after a week or a month because he lost motivation.

@ OP: I'm not meaning to troll or insult you here, I'm just saying that you'd better first learn how to hack before going around telling people that you're gonna translate games.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Demonbart said:
In which case he could've looked for a rom hacking tutorial, or he could've asked for tools. He did neither. He just posted the title of a game he'd want to translate if he actually gets around to learning how to ROMhack.
And of course he says he's actually willing to do it, but I've heard so many people say that before that I don't know whether or not to believe him. First let's see him survive the first noob flood with messages like "OMG no patch this thread is fake and gay" before we get all enthusiastic. He's not the first person here who asks for help in learning how to romhack in this way, and he'd certainly not be the first to get people all enthusiastic and then let them down after a week or a month because he lost motivation.

@ OP: I'm not meaning to troll or insult you here, I'm just saying that you'd better first learn how to hack before going around telling people that you're gonna translate games.

Which is why learning was recommended a few times.
The person I quoted said "this thread is all talk" well what else would it be?

smash_legend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes I want to learn
I'm basically looking for someone who will help me do this and if someone could show me where I can get tools, and maybe a video tutorial, that would be great

and lyk is how I spell like
I have always done it, it's a hard habit to break (not that I want to)
it's my thing, deal with it

anyway, does anyone wanna help me, and show me to a site or video or SOMETHING that will teach me how to romhack???

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
smash_legend said:
romhacking.net and the other links, have nothing ds rom related
you could at least read through the gba documentation there if you're truly interested in learning... O.O"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou