Homebrew Suggestion Dear Emulator-Developers

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then you can't read...
View attachment 115386
and once again. TZhax on FW 1.0.0 is different from 4.0 so again, it does not mean CFW for 4.0 at the same time as on 1.0.0.
I never said it won't be supported.
So stop blaming me for something I never said.
Wow, why dont you repeat yourself some more. Seems effective so far. Maybe if you say it enough it will make you right. Why not try another? /s

The problem is you just said plainly, no. You didnt say that it would be supported in the future. To someone asking about hax for that version, dont you think thats an important tidbit to include? You can argue technicalities and semantics all day, but the fact of the matter is that it WILL support hombrew in the future. We dont know how long, but it will, and thats a confirmed fact straight from the reswitched discord.

I dont know where you got that quote from either, maybe use a little more proof / context than a single line of text you could have easily made yourself? Either way, in that quote "forseeable future," means they dont have a set date. They dont know how long it will take. Time aside, they have confirmed it will be a thing eventually.

Saying TZhax, in itself, doesnt = hombrew for higher firmwares is just stupid. Yes, we all know its coming to 1.0.0 first. Just because its coming to later version later, doesnt mean it wont be supported. Trying to say that the exploit itself doesnt allow homebrew.... well obviously it cant do ANYTHING on versions it doesnt run on genius... but once it is on those versions, guess what? Homebrew.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Wow, why dont you repeat yourself some more. Seems effective so far. Maybe if you say it enough it will make you right. Why not try another? /s

The problem is you just said plainly, no. You didnt say that it would be supported in the future. To someone asking about hax for that version, dont you think thats an important tidbit to include? You can argue technicalities and semantics all day, but the fact of the matter is that it WILL support hombrew in the future. We dont know how long, but it will, and thats a confirmed fact straight from the reswitched discord.

I dont know where you got that quote from either, maybe use a little more proof / context than a single line of text you could have easily made yourself? Either way, in that quote "forseeable future," means they dont have a set date. They dont know how long it will take. Time aside, they have confirmed it will be a thing eventually.

Saying TZhax, in itself, doesnt = hombrew for higher firmwares is just stupid. Yes, we all know its coming to 1.0.0 first. Just because its coming to later version later, doesnt mean it wont be supported. Trying to say that the exploit itself doesnt allow homebrew.... well obviously it cant do ANYTHING on versions it doesnt run on genius... but once it is on those versions, guess what? Homebrew.
I said it at the start of the conversation. But then never repeated it, because we were not talking about it getting supported, but about tzhax != homebrew....
And again, at the start, I mentioned the "foreseeable future" blah blah blah.
Enough proof?
upload_2018-2-23_17-54-52.png
And again, I never said it won't get supported. Show me that I ever said it and you won.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Dear Emulator-Developers.

Yes, Switch is hacked and the door for emulators is open. For now I have a Wii U and all Emulators I need are there, but I miss one. Dreamcast. Of couse, I can use a real Dreamcast and I have two here, but my eyes are too bad to play on TV. The only way to play games for me is to use a tablet. That's the reason why I love the Wii U and it's tablet. The Switch is a console with a tablet, too. So it would be great so see Dreamcast emulated on Switch and so I can play my old games.

For now I have no Switch, because there is nothing that I realy want to play, but if I can play Dreamcast-games I would buy the console instant. The Switch is young and I hope someone will spent time to port an existing Emulator.
Then just buy a vga box and a vga to HDMI box. Dreamcast looks fucking amazing like that so don't see how that could hurt your eyes if you do it like that

MachRc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread makes me want to bust out my Dreamcast and play chuchu rocket and swirls .

Man all those expensive imports I bought and played via the lid switch vcd swap...

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could go out and buy a Raspberry Pi 3 and get a screen with it. Pretty sure it can emulate dreamcast.
It can, but poorly. Terrible framerates make the games unplayable. Maybe simple 2D games would work fine? I think we'll have to wait for Raspberry Pi 4 to get good DC emulation.

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1.00 is useless in the long run by the time theres better homebrew it will be working on 4.10
no future switch games interest me at the moment and there s plenty you can play physically on 4.10

Then please don't state your opinions as like they are facts. If someone has a 1.0.0 switch at this point, it's either because they've held onto one since launch, or they've gone through scalpers for it. People aren't going to update to the patch everyone else is at after going through the effort to obtain a Switch on 1.0.0 when it's been mentioned CFW is coming out for 1.0.0 much earlier than all other versions.

Last edited by HexZyle,
Reactions: Kioku

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It can, but poorly. Terrible framerates make the games unplayable. Maybe simple 2D games would work fine? I think we'll have to wait for Raspberry Pi 4 to get good DC emulation.
It can depend on the game really... some games work really well on an OC Pi 3, others simply don't... actually the 2D games I've tried played worse than the 3D ones (glitched out half the time)! Follow a compatibility list and stick with the playable ones and you'd be surprised.

OP: Never say never! A Reicast RA Core on the Switch is a real possibility, but like has been said, don't expect anything for a while. Fingers crossed though!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0