Hacking Dealextreme Replacements..?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hello, i just have placed my order on DX, i was (once again) Violent with my DS lite, and touch screen busted (third time, maybe..?)

As "extra" now the LCD aswell broke. I know how the touch screens have been, one out of four had small mishap on regocgnizing where you are touching (you could clibrate it tough) But nothing major, as all others worked fine, only con being ceramic material that shatters to glass-like shards... (yes, i DID break one like that...)

BUT, never ordered an screen, i want to ask: Is it as bad as four customer rewies tell? Is there merely 0% change that i will get screen without dead pixels? Are the parts possibly damaged already when you get em'?

Any comments on DX parts on your DS lite. Have any of YOU readers bought Lower (in my case, you can also tell how your order with upper one went) replacement screen for DS lite, and how was it?

I will need to wait mine and see do i get unwanted surprises, meantime, hello to this thread!

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have bought a few from Dealextreme

Touchscreens - I have had several that have only lasted a couple of days - however once you get a good one they last as well as the original - but at the cost worth it if you can stand rebuilding the DS all the time

Had 2 upper LCD screen and both have been perfect - no dead or sticky pixels at all - they do however put it in the write up - dead pixels does not equal a fault so no refunds / replacements.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought one from DX and it works fine, no dead pixels what so ever.

You can tell its not an original ds screen as its made of glass and it looks a little less shiny but works perfectly and for the price its an excellent deal.

If for whatever reason you were not happy dx would replace or refund as they have done with me in the past for other items.

paul

EDIT:
QUOTE said:
dead pixels does not equal a fault so no refunds / replacements.

Oops didn't read that part DOHHH but my original statement still stands about dx being good and cheep, nothing really to loose.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I bought an upper screen from Dealextreme. Works great, no dead pixels. How much does an official replacement screen cost?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Paul, or anyone who got the lower screen:
also, was there or was not a protective something on back so that the metal does not short circuit the motherboard? If yes, i hope so does mine, if not, what you did to protect the metal back?

Thanks for info. Also, its not like one dead pixel would kill me, but someone talked about a rows of dead pixels that gradually died with time, and wanted to know, if no probs then all fine. Chinese cheap labour is amazing.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I will die for saying this:
I got my parts, SUPER FAST this time:
Touch screen: Same as allways (IT DOES WORK!, no muck up there)
The lcd: DUDE! It had the protective back cape of - protectioning, thingy - no dead pixels, nothing wrong, great:

in the end: My DS lite is alive and working. nothing wrong anymore
yaynds.gif

Shichibukai

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My Ds upper LCD doesn't show any image (only white) and im going to buy one but i have a question.
Is that cable a replacment? mine is almost borken so i don't know if i have to buy a new LCD or something else

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shichibukai said:
My Ds upper LCD doesn't show any image (only white) and im going to buy one but i have a question.
Is that cable a replacment? mine is almost borken so i don't know if i have to buy a new LCD or something else

Lite??

If its a Lite then the cable comes pre attached you cannot get a separate one like the PHAT
smile.gif

I bought a PHAT replacement case from them a replacement PSP screen and a load of other stuff and never had any problems
smile.gif

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They may not be very reliable, but the problem is that there is no other solution.

There's no such thing as 'Official' replacement screens, as opening the case voids the warranty anyway.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joey90 said:
They may not be very reliable, but the problem is that there is no other solution.

There's no such thing as 'Official' replacement screens, as opening the case voids the warranty anyway.

well, you could buy a broken/bricked ds from ebay, but then you always run the risk of getting one that already has replacement unofficial parts....

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered some parts from DX recently. Still waiting for it to arrive. Was sent around the 13th or 16th I think.
I'll say something here when I get them.
I just ordered two DS screen to screen cables and two touch screens. For the origonal DS.
They were cheap and I figure if ones broken then I'l have another. Always good to have spares.
The cable be especially a rare find.

Also ordered some other goodies.
I wanted to grab an LCD replacment too, but I decided to wait till next time.
I just have one dead pixel anyway, not a big deal.

I'll let ya know how it is once I get em.
Being as cheap as they are with free shipping, I'd expect them to be bad half the time.
Still, a better risk than buying a broken DS on ebay and finding out its not salvagable.

Shichibukai

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kobykaan said:
Shichibukai said:

Lite??

If its a Lite then the cable comes pre attached you cannot get a separate one like the PHAT
smile.gif

I bought a PHAT replacement case from them a replacement PSP screen and a load of other stuff and never had any problems
smile.gif

No, mine is a phat im going to try get an image of my Ds with the boken part

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1