Hacking dealextreme down?

mhkwong

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm... is dealextreme down? I ordered loads of stuff from them the other night. I went there today to check the progress of my order.... it was working one minute and then Bam! the whole website is unreachable... i even used http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ to check the website too... but still no luck. Should i start panicking now?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tried going there.....

.....I got this error:

Redirect Loop

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

The browser has stopped trying to retrieve the requested item. The site is redirecting the request in a way that will never complete.

* Have you disabled or blocked cookies required by this site?
* NOTE: If accepting the site's cookies does not resolve the problem, it is likely a server configuration issue and not your computer.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This better not be Nintendo's doing. Sure DX sells flash carts, but they sell so much more. I'm waiting on a pair of ear buds from them right now (the kind that are supposed to block out outside noise).

mhkwong

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok. i tried clearing my cache and cookies. disable cookies completely and enable cookies again... I still cant reach the website. I hope they are only having a few minor problems during an upgrade or something... Hope they come back soon and its nothing too serious then. Thanks for the tip Rayder. and thanks Diffusion for trying the website for me.

mhkwong

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swip said:
Same here, my package just went to packaging yesterday.

mine is still waiting for supplier. =.=!! been like that for 4days now. and now this... =(

wilddenim said:
Probably just them fixing bugs on the website?

i hope they are....

newsbinreporter said:
Problem accessing the website with other browsers as well. Tried opera and IE with no luck.

i tried firefox, IE, Opera and Safari too. i even tried using my iphone to access it too.. but still no luck.

QUOTE(m3rox @ Jul 31 2008, 10:56 PM) This better not be Nintendo's doing. Sure DX sells flash carts, but they sell so much more. I'm waiting on a pair of ear buds from them right now (the kind that are supposed to block out outside noise).

eeek! i hope its not nintendo... damn! you put that in my mind now... cant stop thinking about it. Im waiting for 2 flashcarts (add to my collection of flashcarts) a replacement shell for the NDS (my hinge broke again.. cant send it off to nintendo b'cos i've done so many things to it...) and pmp hdd case.

ok. i just checked the HTTP request and responce header... Rayder. you are right. DX seems to have set up a redirect on their website.

HTTP Status Code: HTTP/1.1 302 Redirect
Content-Length: 150
Content-Type: text/html
Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 22:06:54 GMT
Connection: close

Content (0.15 KiB)
CODE
Document Moved[LF]
Object MovedThis document may be found here
redirects to itself. >_

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mhkwong said:
m3rox said:
This better not be Nintendo's doing. Sure DX sells flash carts, but they sell so much more. I'm waiting on a pair of ear buds from them right now (the kind that are supposed to block out outside noise).

eeek! i hope its not nintendo... damn! you put that in my mind now... cant stop thinking about it. Im waiting for 2 flashcarts (add to my collection of flashcarts) a replacement shell for the NDS (my hinge broke again.. cant send it off to nintendo b'cos i've done so many things to it...) and pmp hdd case.
No. I don't think so. Nintendo can't tell China what to do, can it?

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
mhkwong said:
m3rox said:

The site is hosted in the US though.
biggrin.gif

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Diffusion said:
playallday said:
mhkwong said:
m3rox said:

The site is hosted in the US though.
biggrin.gif
DX can swap severs... But it may take a bit of time if this it what it is.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ya this is definitely nintendo's doing. Stock up on flashcarts soon because all these sites will be gone soon and flash carts prices will skyrocket as demand overwhelms quantity and even the cheapest things like DSTT will be $150+.
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol