Dead Space problems

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by DiscostewSM, Jun 21, 2014.

1. DiscostewSM
    OP

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    Some time ago, I got Dead Space for free on Origin, and I have yet to play it without problems (figures?). First is that if I'm not pressing the key to move forward or leave forward/backward movement idle, the character walks backwards. Second is the view always wants to point upward when my mouse is idle. These two problems make for an impossible play session. Anyone know a fix for these? Running on a Win8.1 machine.

I know, I get what I paid for......

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Any controllers connected to your PC while playing? I've never heard of either of these issues being a game problem, it's always been just some extra controller or something plugged in.

3. DiscostewSM
    OP

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    The only one I've ever had connected is my Wii U Pro controller, and that's hooked though Bluetooth via dongle and Toshiba Stack 9, and using WiinUPro. None of these have been active during my attempts. I even went to do another test, removing them all from the system, and the problem still occurs.

4. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Hmm...Not entirely sure then. Googling around, I can't find any related issues from anyone else. Found stuff regarding the crap mouse acceleration and stuff...but nothing for random moving/camera panning.