Dead Rising 2 dev at work on new IP

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Capcom Vancouver is now hiring a design director for an original intellectual property. Capcom Vancouver lists the project as an "unannounced new IP" and a third-person action adventure title. The post also states the developer needs "the help of smart, passionate and dedicated people to help us make our open world action games!"

Source

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
With all the capcom hate in the various circles isn't this like shoving a knife into their own scrotum and twisting it? Well if it is a new IP that is.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all the capcom hate in the various circles isn't this like shoving a knife into their own scrotum and twisting it? Well if it is a new IP that is.

The only "Capcom hate" is basically just Megaman fanboys who still think the franchise is "alive". No one else really has "hate" issues with them.

Also this dev never worked on Megaman so why would Megaman fanboys get angry over a dev never associated with Megaman making a non-Megaman game? Oh wait, I forgot, they're just retarded.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was never able to play Dead Rising 2, but I've heard that it's pretty good. I'm looking forward to hearing more about this project, whatever it ends up being.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

The only "Capcom hate" is basically just Megaman fanboys who still think the franchise is "alive". No one else really has "hate" issues with them.

Also this dev never worked on Megaman so why would Megaman fanboys get angry over a dev never associated with Megaman making a non-Megaman game? Oh wait, I forgot, they're just retarded.

The fighting game community is fed up with their lack of patches and general trolling, the entire country of spain is mad at them because of a costume, them slowly but surely murdering Resident evil getting the older fanbase of that ticked, and the general attitude they've been giving fans on the unity site. The hate is to be had everywhere.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The fighting game community is fed up with their lack of patches and general trolling, the entire country of spain is mad at them because of a costume, them slowly but surely murdering Resident evil getting the older fanbase of that ticked, and the general attitude they've been giving fans on the unity site. The hate is to be had everywhere.

I don't think Spain politely asking Capcom to remove a costume in one game means that the entire country is mad at them.

As for the rest, fandoms are fickle, unsatisfied creatures by nature. I don't think any of that adds up to the true hatred; it seems more like grudgingly accepted annoyance.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe

And don't forget Capcom supports SOPA.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Even though they're releasing SSFIV AE 2012 soon (or already did)? I mean sure, they do re-release the game tons of times, but they've done that since like Street Fighter II. You'd think the community would get used to it. At least nowadays you can buy DLC and stuff so you don't end up always spending full price on another version of the same game (although they weren't as generous with UMvC3).

The Spain thing is a non-issue.

Resident Evil has a retarded fanbase then. You add something basic and they cry. If it was up to them then we'd all be playing RE 1-3 style games and completely skip RE4 (which was awesome) and 5 (which we don't talk about). Even then, they're making Revelations and calling it a "return to classic horror" or something like that but people will still cry about it. And Operation Raccoon City? It's a spin off, get over it. I guess rail shooters were fine for spin offs but real TPS games? HOW DARE THEY.

And as I said before, what would make anyone angry at Capcom for this. The studio has only done Dead Rising 2, its add ons, and some baseball games back when they were Blue Castle Games. Under Capcom they'd probably either make another Dead Rising game or a new IP. Even then, there was nothing really wrong with Dead Rising 2, it was what the first game should've been.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Even though they're releasing SSFIV AE 2012 soon (or already did)? I mean sure, they do re-release the game tons of times, but they've done that since like Street Fighter II. You'd think the community would get used to it. At least nowadays you can buy DLC and stuff so you don't end up always spending full price on another version of the same game (although they weren't as generous with UMvC3).

The Spain thing is a non-issue.

Resident Evil has a retarded fanbase then. You add something basic and they cry. If it was up to them then we'd all be playing RE 1-3 style games and completely skip RE4 (which was awesome) and 5 (which we don't talk about). Even then, they're making Revelations and calling it a "return to classic horror" or something like that but people will still cry about it. And Operation Raccoon City? It's a spin off, get over it. I guess rail shooters were fine for spin offs but real TPS games? HOW DARE THEY.

And as I said before, what would make anyone angry at Capcom for this. The studio has only done Dead Rising 2, its add ons, and some baseball games back when they were Blue Castle Games. Under Capcom they'd probably either make another Dead Rising game or a new IP. Even then, there was nothing really wrong with Dead Rising 2, it was what the first game should've been.

I didn't say anyone would get angry at capcom over the new IP, all I said was it was like capcom was stabbing its own ball sack. It is a title no one is asking for that capcom is expecting to sell when they are already at a 50% loss in sales already. Really it is a bigger risk than reshelling out a fighter, megaman legends 3, or what ever retelling of resident evil they would want to do. Because really who would buy it with the hate for the company itself other than people who pay no mind to those matters?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't say anyone would get angry at capcom over the new IP, all I said was it was like capcom was stabbing its own ball sack. It is a title no one is asking for that capcom is expecting to sell when they are already at a 50% loss in sales already. Really it is a bigger risk than reshelling out a fighter, megaman legends 3, or what ever retelling of resident evil they would want to do. Because really who would buy it with the hate for the company itself other than people who pay no mind to those matters?

I doubt people asked for Dead Rising or Devil May Cry but they sprung up (and relatively recently) and were both rather successful. People complain constantly about rehashing (especially with Capcom and their fighting franchises) but now there's uproar over taking a risk on a new IP? No risk, no reward.

Also no one cares about MML3. It's a spin off to a franchise that's already been in decline. I certainly don't smell necessity or success.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since