PS1/2 Dead ps2

Fresco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a problem. I got a PS2 slim SCPH-70004 PAL from someone, but it just wont boot.

Everything works like it should but it wont show the browser.

Leds are functional, fan turns on reset works. But no video is being outputted.

I've seen posts on other forums about it but no one seems to have a definitive answer .

Could anyone help me ?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fan spin as normal? or does it seem to to spin up quite fast? I had the same/similar issues with my slim ps2. Turns on, fan spins up, seemed to go a bit faster than normal, no video output at all, but everything else was fine. Searched for ages and could never uncover the problem. Removed chip, checked for solder bridges etc, checked all internal fuses, all fine. To this day I've never found out what went wrong with. Like you I looked around and found nothing, even asked on some of the more popular ps2 modding forums and got no help.

I just gave up with it and revived my fat ps2 and use network adapter and hdd with that now, still have the slim motherboard in a box somewhere.

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a similar problem, but I doubt its related to yours.

I bought my PS2 component cable before I bought my PS2. I instantly went to component when I got the chance, and was greeted with black screen. Thinking the cord was defective, I defaulted to the included composite cable. Found out that I just needed to change my settings to component. Now I enjoy glorious 480i.

Fresco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fan spins after its been on for 10 seconds , just like my "working ps2" . Ive also checked the fuses, looked for bridged connections on the bios chip. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Laser focuses, disc spins everything works.

I've checked psx-scene for some info , came back empty handed. I did however found a post about someone freezing the bios chip for some odd reason it worked. In the end he installed a new bios chip to make it work.

Oh well , it will look great in my parts bin :). Thanks for the reply's !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: @K3Nv2