Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dt125r.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

I have a MK1 OLED PS Vita running firmware 3.73 and recently bought a copy of Dead or Alive 5+.

Like all my Vita games, I immediately backed it up using VitaShell + FTP and then copy the PCFSXXXX to the "app" folder under "urx0" on my SD2VITA alone with the "work.bin" file created by Nonpdrm.

When I came to play DOA5+ it boots to a black screen and I don't know why.

I've redone the back-up process several times but always get the same result.

I've had my vita since 2017 and had it flashed from day 1, but what I've found is that Nonpdrm games are hit and miss and I don't know why.

I don't quite understand how the plugin works, why it works with some games but not others. On games like EA's Tetris it says "This file is corrupt (C1-2738-0) or Codemaster's F1 2011 "Insert a PS Vita card that contains this application".

Yet games like "Little Big Planet" or "Rayman Origins" work fine.

Why is it so inconsistent and how can I fix this? Besides reading the Nonpdrm source code is there anyway to better familiarise myself with how the Vita loads games.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a real answer... but a 'perhaps'.

I don't have the best success transferring entire large games over ftp. Can you back it up to a memory card and/or transfer over USB?

Also, just making sure that you are truly on 3.73 or if you are spoofed - if spoofed that you have 0syscall6 installed (replaces reF00D and allows 3.73 games to play on 3.60 or 3.65). Do you have to install Henkaku every time you boot?

Sorry if these were obvious and you already considered them.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
couldn't say what the problem is, but I doubt it's related to the work.bin. if something were wrong with the work.bin, the game wouldn't show up.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ godreborn :

I can not good remember, but we already had this question. So far I remember it was the game for self Dead Or Alive that make trouble ? But not sure, I am try to find back the other topic from for 2 month ago where we was talking about it.

EDIT : DOA5+ No games installing anymore

https://gbatemp.net/threads/no-games-installing-anymore.606464/#post-9728811

Its reported often from users on google or what ever, that this game make trouble.

Last edited by peter8,

Calum122

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dt125r.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I don't have the best success transferring entire large games over ftp. Can you back it up to a memory card and/or transfer over USB?

Also, just making sure that you are truly on 3.73 or if you are spoofed - if spoofed that you have 0syscall6 installed (replaces reF00D and allows 3.73 games to play on 3.60 or 3.65). Do you have to install Henkaku every time you boot?

I had considered this in the past, that maybe the FTP process was causing packet loss or corruption.

In my experience I found that USB transfer to be unreliable and problematic, where the client OS is unable to read certain files over USB. I shall try and post the error message I get.

Calum122

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dt125r.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Yes I can confirm that I am on 3.73 and that I have to reinstall Henkaku every time I reboot.

I can try to back the game up to the internal memory card and see if that fixes it.

It's odd how it works fine for the other games mentioned. I am not pirating games, but backing up copies of owned games so that I can merely play all my games without swapping carts out.

Reactions: Anderxale

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can try to back the game up to the internal memory card and see if that fixes it.

I am ... backing up copies of owned games so that I can merely play all my games without swapping carts out.

I understand - and I've tested a few backups today myself. I don't have that game cartridge though so I don't have your same exact scenario - just a few flimsy guesses. :/

Calum122

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dt125r.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I understand - and I've tested a few backups today myself. I don't have that game cartridge though so I don't have your same exact scenario - just a few flimsy guesses. :/
Fabulous!

I've just `sudo su` and `cp -R` over USB and now the game boots.

So it looks as though it was a faulty back up over FTP???

Either way, redumping the cart over USB seemed to have fixed the issue.

I'll see if I can get the other games to boot too!

EDIT: Seems like they are all working now....

I went into Content Manager and Deleted some games.

I also cleared my home screen from applications.

Then when I "Refreshed Live Area" & "Refresh Licenses" it all appears to be working now.

So maybe dumping the cart via USB fixed DOA5+ but now all the games I dumped are working....

So maybe it is unrelated.

Since I'm on 3.73 I disabled reFOOD??? I wonder if that had something to do with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol