Hacking Dead MicroSD, please help

corbs132

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had flash drives die before, and usually i can recover them with hp disk utility (usually). My microsd card died from that damn r4 reader and now i'm screwed out of $45. It can't format, can't read, its detected ometimes as 0 bytes, other times doesn't even show up. any ideas? It means alot to me.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you tried using another card reader other than the R4 card reader? If it is the MicroSD card it should carry a 5 year guarantee and you should be able to get another one.

Dymlos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Same thing just happen to me 30 mins ago. I have a Kingston 1GB.

I had it for about 2 weeks now with my R4 working perfectly, but tonight, I backup some of my saves and decided to try Biker Mice from Mars. Everything was transfering well until near the end of the transfer, my computer did a blue screen of death. It's the first time I get a blue screen on my computer yet.

After the reboot, I open up my microSD drive and it freeze a couple of minutes then it tell me that I have nothing in my drive. I can't format or read it anymore.

I don't have any other reader so I can't try it on another reader.

Any help would be greatly welcome. Thanks in advance.

corbs132

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got another reader, (sd) put micro in the sd adapter, that into usb adapter, into usb slot. sd format tool doesnt detect it ( :-( )

mac900

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I might have a (strange
unsure.gif
) solution: use your PDA to format the card!
I've had a problem where I could not read my micro SD anymore and even Explorer hang up.
I used my PDA to format the SD card (FAT32, 4kB cluster) and then reformatted it on the PC (FAT32, standard clustersize) and it can be used again
yaynds.gif
This might work for you too, unless of course, it is really a hardware problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs