Hacking Dazed and confused

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
TBR will crash randomly, just power off Wii and start it back up repeat step from TBR stage, B - downgrade, restart IOS 15 - IOS 36 Yes Install. Keep doing it till it works it cant hurt your wii you can power off many times, once it has worked restore IOS 15 using ios 36 continue from their.

Once you get to the fully hacked wii status with Preloader installed. Make another nand backup at that point then your always prepared.

If you want to at that point you can easily decide if CIOSCORP 3.5 is for you, i put it on every Wii i do as its easy for kids since all they do is click on disk channel. If you dont like it restore the NAND.

If you dont want to play disc backup DVDs then get Config USB Loader and a compatable hard drive n copy all your original and none original games to it but start a new thread if you require help doing that =)

GeeMann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seems like TBR worked this time. I am onto homebrew browser. Now since I have a wiikey, do I need cioscorp etc to play backups in the disc chan. I do plan to use a usb loader and usbGX and configusb both look equally good. I really dont see any differances between them. Main question is whether I need any more softmodding to play backups in disc chan using the wiikey?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GeeMann said:
Seems like TBR worked this time. I am onto homebrew browser. Now since I have a wiikey, do I need cioscorp etc to play backups in the disc chan. I do plan to use a usb loader and usbGX and configusb both look equally good. I really dont see any differances between them. Main question is whether I need any more softmodding to play backups in disc chan using the wiikey?

If you have a modchip, then cIOSCORP should pretty much be absolutely worthless to you. If they worked before with your Wiikey, there's no reason whatever softmods you did would change that.

GeeMann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah they all worked except the New SuperMario Bro's with the BCA security. I managed to get the original backup working for three min then it died. If all did work for me I should be able to run that backup now via usb only and only the patched version if I am correct. What other ways can I check and see if all did in fact install correctly. I get into HBC fine now. HomeBrew Browser works ( except it crashed once probably because I was scrolling too fast). Then at least I can do a NAND backup if everything is the way it should be, because sure as shit, the kids will do something I am sure and the easiest way would be to do a restore from what I read.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GeeMann said:
yeah they all worked except the New SuperMario Bro's with the BCA security. I managed to get the original backup working for three min then it died. If all did work for me I should be able to run that backup now via usb only and only the patched version if I am correct. What other ways can I check and see if all did in fact install correctly. I get into HBC fine now. HomeBrew Browser works ( except it crashed once probably because I was scrolling too fast). Then at least I can do a NAND backup if everything is the way it should be, because sure as shit, the kids will do something I am sure and the easiest way would be to do a restore from what I read.

You can make multiple NAND backups whenever you want to. They're like system restore points. You won't have just one working backup at a time. Also keep in mind that restoring a NAND backup will revert EVERYTHING back to that point so any save progress your kids may have made between the time you made it and they screw something up will also be reverted back.

Also, something I personally think it would make it easier for kids, if you have preloader (or priiloader, same thing essentially) you can have that autoboot whatever USB Loader you use so when you turn the system on it will immediately boot to your list of games where they can just pick one and go at it. I'm pretty sure some USB Loaders have some parental controls as well to prevent them from screwing up any settings in the loader or something and maybe having to put in a password to play certain games (not sure exactly what extent parental control stuff goes to.) And they would only be able to get into preloader to screw anything up there if they happened to be holding the reset button while the system was booting so it's not all that likely they would randomly happen upon it. And if you do need to get to the system menu you can set the return to: in preloader to the system menu so you can just exit the usb loader and get back to the system menu from there. (Or just hold reset when booting and select system menu in preloader).

And even if you don't want to do that, if you don't already have preloader, you should at least get it to enable some system menu hacks like blocking disc updates so no accidents happen with the disc channel.

As far as NSMB is concerned I haven't really looked into what it needs to work as I just use my original for it so I can't help you much there, but I think it should work with a patched iso for it and updated loaders that support it at the very least.

GeeMann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply nabster92. I also have the retail disc, but my kids are harsh with discs. This is why I like to preserve the original and play backups, which is likely the case for most parents who have an idea about backups have loked at priloader as well and will be installing it. You are correct (least what I have read) that it is so much easier for kids and less chance that they will "go where there not to" and make sys changes etc..

Any way I do thank you as well for your input. It surely does help to decipher some of this stuff. What I do need is a sure fire way to check that all is installed properly. Then I can let the kiddies go bonkers without worrying abhout them scratching retail discs.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GeeMann said:
Thanks for the reply nabster92. I also have the retail disc, but my kids are harsh with discs. This is why I like to preserve the original and play backups, which is likely the case for most parents who have an idea about backups have loked at priloader as well and will be installing it. You are correct (least what I have read) that it is so much easier for kids and less chance that they will "go where there not to" and make sys changes etc..

Any way I do thank you as well for your input. It surely does help to decipher some of this stuff. What I do need is a sure fire way to check that all is installed properly. Then I can let the kiddies go bonkers without worrying abhout them scratching retail discs.

Pretty much everything that you did was essentially just to be able to install that cIOS to IOS249. So basically if you can play a backup game through a backup/USB loader, everything should have been installed properly. Also in pretty much any of the backup/USB Loaders it should tell you what cIOS it's using so it should say something like cIOS rev14 (or rev15 if you installed that one.)

But yea...easiest thing to do to check if it's installed right is to just see if it works.

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
The New Super Marios backup will play fine is USB Config loader without any patch, CIOSCORP is not needed if you have a modchip, i would say go for the USB loader, Config or Wiiflow are both great looking and have High compatability. And as nabster says multiple Nand backups are good as it allows you to restore just like system restore, thats why i said get one once hacked as well as your original cleanish one =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.