SheriffBuck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey folks,

I'm working through a batch of Nintendo Switches that need to be repaired and I've come across one unit that appears to be a Day 1 unit with v1.0 firmware installed (I believe fuses match as it boots without CFW fuse check bypass).

My question is whether there is any value in selling this without factory reset/firmware update? Is there anything of interest to be gained in this state?

Sheriff.

Reactions: Ttm3

nicoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hey folks,

I'm working through a batch of Nintendo Switches that need to be repaired and I've come across one unit that appears to be a Day 1 unit with v1.0 firmware installed (I believe fuses match as it boots without CFW fuse check bypass).

My question is whether there is any value in selling this without factory reset/firmware update? Is there anything of interest to be gained in this state?

Sheriff.
You could dump improperly deleted factory titles. If you own Japanese Puyo Puyo Tetris you can use it to install fakenews and from there use Nereba to boot CFW all without ever using fusee-gelee. I already own an 1.0.0 unit (and also a 3.0.0 and 4.1.0 unit) so I'm not interested as I already own too many Nintendo Switch consoles. I definitely see some gain of value as the ones interested in collecting all factory titles will have to obtain as many 1.0.0 units as possible as each one only contains part of the factory titles. While the Nereba exploit chain is beautiful I don't see many paying extra for it as most consider fusee-gelee more comfortable to use. Another issue is that most that want an 1.0.0 unit already obtained one previous to fusee-gelee's discovery back when the discovery of Jamais Vu was announced but the exploit was still private. In addition to hacking I also see some collection value in having a Day 1 unit. It being on 1.0.0 is definitely something you should put in the description when selling it and make it a bit more expensive than others so only the one interested in buying an 1.0.0 Unit will buy it as they are extremely rare nowadays and shouldn't be wasted. If I would buy a new Nintendo Switch I definitely would be willing to pay a premium for 1.0.0 in additional to the premium I would pay for an unpatched unit especially if it was never formatted and so factory titles are still obtainable.
Edit: Yes it booting without CFW means fuse check succeeds and it indeed still contains 1.0.0 efuses

Last edited by nicoboss,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could dump improperly deleted factory titles. If you own Japanese Puyo Puyo Tetris you can use it to install fakenews and from there use Nereba to boot CFW all without ever using fusee-gelee. I already own an 1.0.0 unit (and also a 3.0.0 and 4.1.0 unit) so I'm not interested as I already own too many Nintendo Switch consoles. I definitely see some gain of value as the ones interested in collecting all factory titles will have to obtain as many 1.0.0 units as possible as each one only contains part of the factory titles. While the Nereba exploit chain is beautiful I don't see many paying extra for it as most consider fusee-gelee more comfortable to use. Another issue is that most that want an 1.0.0 unit already obtained one previous to fusee-gelee's discovery back when the discovery of Jamais Vu was announced but the exploit was still private. In addition to hacking I also see some collection value in having a Day 1 unit. It being on 1.0.0 is definitely something you should put in the description when selling it and make it a bit more expensive than others so only the one interested in buying an 1.0.0 Unit will buy it as they are extremely rare nowadays and shouldn't be wasted. If I would buy a new Nintendo Switch I definitely would be willing to pay a premium for 1.0.0 in additional to the premium I would pay for an unpatched unit especially if it was never formatted and so factory titles are still obtainable.
Edit: Yes it booting without CFW means fuse check succeeds and it indeed still contains 1.0.0 efuses
All consoles manufactured with a specific firmware will have a pretty much identical set leftovers (given they haven't been factory reset, updated, or anything like that), the only variation is the corruption on some titles. Getting everything for a specific firmware is impossible by these means.

Though, OP, if you're curious about that stuff, DM me I guess, I collect firmware shit (my full collection is over 100gb currently, heh) and am missing most of the stuff that can be obtained for 3 or 2 of the 4 firmwares used on 1.0.0 consoles.
But I won't buy the system, I'm not that determined.

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,
Reactions: SheriffBuck

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol