Datel Wii Powersaves Tool v1.0 (READNFO) (SQUiRE)

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Datel Wii Powersaves Tool v1.0 (READNFO) (SQUiRE)
Tool

Code:
 Â Â Â Â Â Title [-] Datel Powersave Tool v1.0
    ÂRegion [-] Any
   ÂPlatform [-] Nintendo Wii
     ÂSize [-] Tool
 ÂRelease Date [-] January 7th, 2008
Dirname: Datel_Wii_Powersaves_Tool_v1.0_READNFO_WII-SQUiRE
Filename: sq-dps
nfo.png
View NFO Click Here

Reactions: mike101pena

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
god, finally, been waiting and searching for ages for something like this. Please tell me when anyone found it!

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
It decodes the files that Datel charge for. They are protecting their intellectual property by encoding their files, therefore decrypting it without paying for it is illegal, and that is why GBAtemp cannot host this file.

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It decodes the files that Datel charge for. They are protecting their intellectual property by encoding their files, therefore decrypting it without paying for it is illegal, and that is why GBAtemp cannot host this file.

Then what about RAWdump for example? Which encodes Nintendo's .wii decryption to .iso files?

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's a tool to do the decrypting. The existence of the code isn't illegal, although the execution of it is. That's probably the difference.

Ah, actually it's no different. I thought this was a collection of the decrypted power saves, but it's not. It's the decrypter itself. Should be just as valid to host as Rawdump.

Second edit, I guess the pack contains 200 saves, so that is the reason why. Can we host just the tool though without the saves?

BillnTed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tool would be useful, as I can't see it with my weak google-fu (perhaps newsgroups are best for this).
What's that advantage over the save files hosted at places like wii-saves.com (or whatever the URL is) and similar?

Akdul

Trophies
Website
raulbojalil.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
tool would be useful, as I can't see it with my weak google-fu (perhaps newsgroups are best for this).
What's that advantage over the save files hosted at places like wii-saves.com (or whatever the URL is) and similar?

"Normal" saves for games like Elebits or Guitar Hero cant be copied from the Wii to an SD card. PowerSaves lets you copy those savegames to your Wii. Those saves also have 99999 of everything and things like that.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands

"Normal" saves for games like Elebits or Guitar Hero cant be copied from the Wii to an SD card. PowerSaves lets you copy those savegames to your Wii. Those saves also have 99999 of everything and things like that.
Wow... Also if you decrypt them and use an SD-card? That's awesome!

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I can't find any reference to this anywhere on the net, newsgropus, torrents, etc. The only hit related is this thread right here. Even the WiiNewz page doesn't show on Google yet.

BillnTed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
"Normal" saves for games like Elebits or Guitar Hero cant be copied from the Wii to an SD card. PowerSaves lets you copy those savegames to your Wii....
Ah - wasn't aware that some saves were 'crippled' in such a fashion - thanks for the info.
Will now get back to shooting the bejasus out of terrorists in Ghost Squad whilst awaiting the eventual release of this.

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I can't find any reference to this anywhere on the net, newsgropus, torrents, etc. The only hit related is this thread right here. Even the WiiNewz page doesn't show on Google yet.

Same here, there is a mention of it on a different forum, but that person probably just copy-pasted the release from here. Nothing else to be found.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
That's a tool to do the decrypting. The existence of the code isn't illegal, although the execution of it is. That's probably the difference.

Ah, actually it's no different. I thought this was a collection of the decrypted power saves, but it's not. It's the decrypter itself. Should be just as valid to host as Rawdump.

Second edit, I guess the pack contains 200 saves, so that is the reason why. Can we host just the tool though without the saves?

Fine then post the source. Oh wait,

A. It probably isn't open source.
B. Hardly anyone would have the general knowledge to compile it.

As for Rawdump, is reading the disks the same as decrypting them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1