Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
[Truth said:
]
datel will not be able to provide an updated disc, because they are using the same signature bug as trucha and that will be fixed. they will not be able to sign the disc.
QUOTE(thebobevil @ Mar 25 2008, 08:18 PM) There will be a way, and Datel will find it ... at least for those playing original imports on un-modded machines.

took the works right out of my mouth thebobevil....

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They only ruined wii hacking if you were dumb enough to update. I am still running the pre-wiiware version. I dont think I will ever update again.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
paul1991 said:
They only ruined wii hacking if you were dumb enough to update. I am still running the pre-wiiware version. I dont think I will ever update again.
remember your words when mario kart wii will refuse to boot because it needs the newest firmware...

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
paul1991 said:

Sure.. that's an option.. if you don't care about playing only the games that were out before the update
tongue.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
arctic_flame said:
raulpica said:
Yes... who thought a Freeloader would do that much of damage to everyone. Datel, find your own exploits, next time!
dry.gif

Well someone TL;DRed that whole post. Firstly, 3 teams found that bug independently. It was that stupid. You can't prepare a whole product in 2 days (from the release of trucha signer to the release of the freeloader)
You have misunderstood me. I wasn't saying that Datel copied Trucha Signer's exploit. I was saying that they could find another exploit other than the RSA signature one, so now Nintendo would only block Freeloader
wink.gif

All this if Nintendo did this for Freeloader... It is very possible that it was Trucha Signer, the one they feared most.

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[Truth said:
]
paul1991 said:
remember your words when mario kart wii will refuse to boot because it needs the newest firmware...

HA! Ill just use Trucha Signer to remove it! (The update)

CockroachMan said:
QUOTE(paul1991 @ Mar 25 2008, 05:21 PM)

Sure.. that's an option.. if you don't care about playing only the games that were out before the update
tongue.gif

Same to you!

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
paul1991 said:
[Truth said:
]
paul1991 said:

HA! Ill just use Trucha Signer to remove it! (The update)

Erm.. you know that Nintendo puts updates on games because the game needs that update to work right!?

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No way! Who knew?

I dont need trucha signer anyway. I dont even have a modchip... or Zelda. Dont know why I cared in the 1st place.
unsure.gif

webyugioh

OP
Trophies
Website
www.free-ftp.org
XP
Country
arctic_flame said:
Also, I reject the topic of this thread, which was directly copied from Wiinewz - bad form there, webyugioh. It even says in the copied blog post it could have been the release of Trucha Signer that got nintendo working on a fix.

Yes, i admit it was copied from wiinewz, I even gave a link to the site showing this was not by me.
I guess it is my fault on assuming that people would read the blog entry before posting.
Sorry for the "bad form."
Next time I will make it more apparent that it was copied from Wiinewz.
I just figured some people on this site might want to know about this.
Sorry
frown.gif

ProdigySim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's really a simple fix. strncmp() --> memcmp()

There's not really going to be a "new way to exploit this bug." It will be NONEXISTENT in the Wii system menu. I mean, beyond them telling their users to do something with the twilight hack...

I suppose they could be working on bruteforcing Nintendo's private key.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Isn't there a distributed computing project to crack RSA? Even so, that hasn't happened, and that's just one key. EVen if you could get time on a university supercomputer, brute-forcing RSA is still not feasible.

nephdj

Trophies
XP
Country
ProdigySim said:

There's not really going to be a "new way to exploit this bug." It will be NONEXISTENT in the Wii system menu. I mean, beyond them telling their users to do something with the twilight hack...

Nintendo bricked the orginal freeloader for gamecube, they released a work around.
I think your doubt is misguided

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nephdj said:
ProdigySim said:

Nintendo bricked the orginal freeloader for gamecube, they released a work around.
I think your doubt is misguided

Exactly ... Datel have spent decades producing their devices and discs ... they have many contacts throughout the gaming industry, and gaming community ... they are not as limited as many who try to produce these things are.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-