Hacking Datel Powersaves now supports Pokemon X/Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

tall guy

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I can confirm that pokemon y works for me(European version) on the latest firmware ,i just cloned 4 boxes of pokemon by using save restoring.

I am not sure about firmware, I am on version 7.1.1.0-12 or whatever it is. I do have the game update though

Can someone confirm if Y works with latest firmware? I believe it is 7.1.1.0-15[/quote]

dippy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried Powersaves with Pokemon X and Y with update 1.20 and without and all are working fine. I have also tried this on 3DS firmwares 6.1.0.9 and 7.1.0.15 again everything working just fine. I can't see a problem between 3DS firmwares as all my other games work and Pokemon was out since V6.
I bet it'll be that there is an alternative version of the game that they just don't support yet, we have already seen three download updates.

dippy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My friend in Florida should be up now so I will ask her to check, she should have Powersave by now. I'll let you know her findings.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Could it be that EUR region consoles are using the same encryption in 6.x and 7.x while USA region consoles switched to the new encryption at 7.x? This may explains why the "trick" of importing dsiware games from emunand to realnand only works on EUR region consoles: http://gbatemp.net/threads/zelda-4-swords-and-gateway.361418/page-6#post-4914325

I think they just added some checks or it's something else. Besides they can't pratically just "switch" encryption.

badbob001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they just added some checks or it's something else. Besides they can't pratically just "switch" encryption.

So Nintendo must have either done something in 7.x to make exports to SD incompatible with 4.x or they already implemented something in 4.x to prevent such imports from SD. I hope something can be done since 7.x under emunand and 4.x in general is hackable.

joker777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so this only works with retail cart saves?

What about if I can extract the save from the SD card to the PC? (In other words is there support for Digital games?)
and I'm curious as to what the Etrian Odyssey 4 powersave codes are as well...

quantumboy

Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone working on figuring out how datels software is extracting/editing/writing back the save file. I imagine that this process could make the save editing like in pokegen explode. Has datel made any hints about new types of cheats, I'd love a "make first pokemon in your party shiny" or something, like make first item in your bag become X (like maybe one of the megastones for latios). Just wondering how they are managing to get the file. I bought the adapter on amazon yesterday and when I get it tomorrow I will be dumping my save file, and attempt to see if I can edit it at all to achieve anything.

EDIT: Are there any homebrew apps or custome software/firmware for this device that allows extraction of saves without using datel service. (and going online)

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Is anyone working on figuring out how datels software is extracting/editing/writing back the save file. I imagine that this process could make the save editing like in pokegen explode. Has datel made any hints about new types of cheats, I'd love a "make first pokemon in your party shiny" or something, like make first item in your bag become X (like maybe one of the megastones for latios). Just wondering how they are managing to get the file. I bought the adapter on amazon yesterday and when I get it tomorrow I will be dumping my save file, and attempt to see if I can edit it at all to achieve anything.

EDIT: Are there any homebrew apps or custome software/firmware for this device that allows extraction of saves without using datel service. (and going online)

Pokemon Y & X saves on the NAND so no, no save extraction. We dont even know how Datel managed this to get it working with X&Y.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
somehow,,i have fear that this device will corrupt my save file
i just finished the national pokedex and got the shiny charm

rda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought mine last night, should be here tomorrow. Plan to export my pokemon to the bank befor I try any of the codes just in case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4