OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Having my post edited by you Tempest is a bit irksome. I hope I don't engage in any malicious activities that would warrant such an activity in the future.Â
smile.gif

Back on topic...are we aware of the physical makeup that pushes the site? i.e. 1, 2, 3 servers? Load balancers?
Okay, I'm sorry about that, KotaInka. It's late here, I've been awake about... 65 hours now (insomnia combined with a party where Soul Calibur and Smash Bros were played = no sleep for Tempest), and I'm holding together worse than the forum is, so to speak. At the time it seemed like a good idea to show that it was just a mistype, but now I think it may have been rude. Sorry again, and considering how this is the first time that's ever happened, I'm certain it won't happen again.

All I know about the physical makeup is that it's hosted on the M4D server, which is run by Omero I believe, in Milan, Italy. I don't know more than that.

I'm going to nod off for a while, then. Hopefully both I and the forum will be in better condition when I wake up.

KotaInka2

Fanboy Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh no, it's not a problem. Perhaps irksome wasn't the best word choice. It was however psychologically unexpected. In any event, you should probably lay off these Soul Calibur parties if you're supposed to be handling school work anyways. I didn't get up until 8:30 PM, just in time to catch the end of the Roy Jones Jr retelecast and Carnivale at 9. So, I'll be up all night. These are my crazy hours. I wouldn't worry too much about the forum. Sooner or later, it will be worked out.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well... back for bad...
What excatly happened to the DB? A forum doesn`t tip over like this if not somebody tried fixing or changing something on the system. Perhaps you should click the down the page for a major workover.
Might be better than trying to fix things while members are posting and modifying the DB.

LuxFerous

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well... back for bad...
What excatly happened to the DB? A forum doesn`t tip over like this if not somebody tried fixing or changing something on the system. Perhaps you should click the down the page for a major workover.
Might be better than trying to fix things while members are posting and modifying the DB.
Actually a database could mess up on its own.

Something like this could have been caused by a number of things. Upgrade to server software, database bug, forum bug. There are alot more other things that could cause a database error.

As for fixing a database, it would most likely be fairly easy. Possibly just uploading the file with the error in it.

NeoBahamut

Dragon King of GBATemp
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
seems like the site is back...(YAY!!!)
But I'm still getting the SQL error.... Oh well... *waits*

-Bahamut Unsummoned-

[EDIT] What IS this SQL anyways??? anyone can explain that thing?

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
OKAY, WE GOT IT.

Error 28, the error we're all getting, means "The disk is full."

Our server got overloaded. We're out of space.

My guess is they're working on getting a new hard drive or something.

ALSO: The portal loads slow. Link directly to a topic (say, this one, since it has the workaround as part of it) instead of to GBATemp.net for the next little while.

-Tempest out.-

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Full HD eh? I see that as an accomplishment! FREE GROG FOR EVERYONE! Pull out the kegs Tempest, its goign to be a loooong night
biggrin.gif

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The portal loads slow for some people. Try bookmarking a topic and you'll see that the forum's still at the same old speed.

Actually, djnaff on the channel pointed this out to me, but I can't remember his forum name (or even if he has one...). If you see him, pass kudos to him, mmkay?

-Tempest out.-

Saria

The Sage Of The Forest Temple
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
[OffTopic]
KotaInka2 - I got your PM - lemme know if you still want it...
So i can get on IRC - or email it to you even

[OnTopic]
Do PM's work?
I wasnt sure when KotaInka2 sent it... so I didn't try...

If the HDD is full, how come Posts are saved... (?)

unsure.gif

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PM's do indeed work. It seems the place is going fine.

As for the database, I'm no SQL expert (though I'm talking to Mole about it and possible solutions), so I can't answer. The best guess I can get is that we're just using ascii, and that compresses well, so they're being logged. In the meantime, no one upload stuff on the galleries, okay?
biggrin.gif

-Tempest out.-

KotaInka2

Fanboy Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BTW, SQL, often prounounced Sequel is a language for programming databases. Unfortunately, that was the first course I had to take in Graduate School. Fortunately or unfortunately, the professor allowed us to use MS Access instead of actually doing the coding ourselves. From there, after having created the databases, we could have Access generate the SQL code for us as he still wanted that. So, in short, I should know more about it than I do.
tongue.gif

CCDART

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the reason people can still post is because while posting with the 1030 error code it's using GZIP compression to keep disk space low.. You should just try contacting the host for more MySQL Disc space.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt5-JoLK1dA