Hacking Data Management Problem

HrmlssMrv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really sure if this belongs in Wii Hacking or not, but I guess it's related.

I was deleting some legitimate WiiWare and VC games to clear up space, and the Wii seemingly got stuck while deleting Lost Wind. It didn't actually freeze, the progress display continued to move, the pointer still worked, and if I hit the Home button it would display that it was disabled, but it sat there for about 20 minutes. I know sometimes it takes a little while for games to delete but that seemed like an abnormally long time.

I knew it was a bad idea, but I figured what else can I do if it's going to sit here forever. So I held the power button on the Wiimote down and the Wiimote shut off, but the Wii itself stayed on. I guess that's a safety precaution, so I got up and held the power button on the Wii down until it turned off.

When I turned it back on everything seemed fine. Lost Wind was deleted, all the Channels launched, but if I go to the Data Management screen for either Channel or Save data it doesn't load. It just displays an empty gray screen in the middle. None of the tabs work, neither does the back button, and if I press the Home Button and try to go back to the Menu it freezes.

The Channel and Save Data are still there, I can play Wiiware games that are installed, and games launched through the Disc Channel and WiiGator Gamma Loader all still have their Saves.

Is there anyway to get Data Management working again? It's not really a huge problem, and it's my own fault, but it'd be nice to have it functioning.

I'm on System Menu 3.3u if that helps any, and thanks in advance for any advice.

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well my friend you have a semi brick...
the best thing to do is just to run cIOS downgrader to reinstall everything system menu etc...
then you should be fixed up....
-kitt050383

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Could this be like a semi-brick and you just need to upgrade, but I'm not well informed about the brickin' stuff....!!!
smile.gif

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Could this be like a semi-brick and you just need to upgrade, but I'm not well informed about the brickin' stuff....!!!

he has system menu 3.3u.... And upgrading to 3.4 would suck... if anything should downgrade....
-kitt050383

HrmlssMrv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I'll look into the cIOS downgrader. Is there any substantial risk involved? Right now I can pretty much use the Wii as if nothing is wrong, I wouldn't want to completely brick it if it's not absolutely necessary.

HrmlssMrv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I downgraded to 3.2u but it didn't fix the problem. Would an earlier version be any different?

Thanks again, hopefully someone can figure this out.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
IF you have any cIOS installed, do the 3.4, then go to 3.2 with Custom IOS Downgrader 1.2 +IOS Downgrader 1.0 (I've done that, 3 or 4 times, I like to mess aroud with my Wii
tongue.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...