Going by just that data (assuming modchip is good and resistor values are correct), then whatever is connected to point C is not DAT0, or not only DAT0. If it's an eMMC adapter, odds are it's not making contact with the DAT0 ball, or shorting with the ones next to it.
Going by just that data (assuming modchip is good and resistor values are correct), then whatever is connected to point C is not DAT0, or not only DAT0. If it's an eMMC adapter, odds are it's not making contact with the DAT0 ball, or shorting with the ones next to it.
Thanks for the info, I was using the crappy black DAT0 adapter with only 2 mount points that came with the chip. I'm swapping it out today with some of the yellow ones with 4 mount points. Hopefully that resolves the issue.
Edit: replaced the DAT0 adapter and getting the same value and still getting =*. This is frustrating. Is there something else I should be looking for? I realigned the adapter like 6 times and rechecked each time and never got a different reading (487-490) and getting 481 at the C point on the chip. The wire running to the ribbon is *maybe* a cm too long. Should I try shortening to the minimum possible length?
Post automatically merged:
Current readings:
3.3v = 418
C = 484
A = 456
D = 517
B = 446? I believe this is supposed to be 0 when off?
Any recommendations on what else to check?
Post automatically merged:
Checking SP1 and SP2 in resistance mode, getting:
SP1 left to ground: 14-15
SP1 right to ground: 30-35
SP2 left to ground: 20-21
SP2 right to ground: 14-16
Diode:
SP1 left to ground: 005
SP1 right to ground: 020
SP2 left to ground: 020
SP2 right to ground: 004
Post automatically merged:
Edit: I just kamikaze'd the DAT0, getting the same reading. And the switch does not boot with no mod chip installed. I did not confirm if the switch booted before I started all this, I assumed. I have it charging, hoping that it's just a dead battery.
Post automatically merged:
So it appears to be borked. Will not do anything without the modchip, doesn't even display a charging icon. With the mod chip, just get the blue light, followed by one long, one short yellow light. I did not confirm it's functionality before accepting it, so now I'm on the hook for it. Fml.
Battery showing 4.2v so fully charged. All ribbons appear to be intact and undamaged. No charging icon on screen, no beeps or boops when attempting to turn on. I've never run into this so I don't even know where to start.
So I offered to replace the switch and he advised it did power up prior to the hand off, so I'm assuming I've done something to kill it. Even with the cables attached, it should boot without the modchip connected, correct?
So I completely rewired everything, and had an experienced modder look at my work, and he says that I drilled too deep. Big shock there. Not sure why I was getting the same readings as with the adapter, but them's the breaks I guess. Is it possible to repair this mess? See attached. Gore warning.
Am considering cutting away the rail here next to the point to get further up the trace. Please advise if that will not work.
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
The 2007 Nintendo Wii classic Super Mario Galaxy has reportedly been 100% decompiled by the SMGCommunity under the project codename Petari, and now a standalone PC...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...