Hacking DARKCORP v1.1 Release!

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Tranquil said:
How do I know if I have cIOS249 or a useable cIOS249 installed already?

If it helps I already have been able to use the previous version of darkcorp (although metroid prime trilogy did not work, although the burn was fine) and have previously loaded backups through neogamma,etc before.
NeoGamma uses cIOS249, so you have one that's usable, IIRC.

muffin

Trophies
XP
Country
i have tried to install darkcorp v 1.1 with option 1 and it only goes to 75% then the wii turns of and goes back to either bootmii 2 or the main screen of the wii , i have even tried to install darkcorp with option 2 and the same thing happens , any thoughts please thanks
unsure.gif

chillar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im running an old wii with 4.1e and installed darkcorp 1.1 without problems. i had an old version of cioscorp running before.
while all backups will be displayed properly in the disc channel, im not able to start them. not in the disc channel, nor in the neogamma loader.

any suggestions or ideas? not sure what went wrong. is there a way to get a 100% clean 4.1e installagain , so i can make sure there are no problems with legacy files?

help would be appreciated
thanks

Miacat

Trophies
XP
Country
I have darkcorp1.1 installed and cIOS249r20 but I cannot play Black Ops from the disc channel. Shortly after the Activision copyright statement has disappeared my backup copy starts to load as indicated by loading down in the bottom left hand corner of the screen but then it stops and I am prompted with 'The disc could not be read'. Can anyone advise what the issue may be, my Wii is on firmware 4.1E. Thanks

whysleep

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone else having problems installing the cMIOSs? My system menu is 4.3E and I installed the full version, everything went well, but every time I try to install any cMIOS the Wii simply restarts without installing anything. Any ideas? Anyway, I installed the cMIOS WAD included on the package with the WAD manager, that worked. However, I don't have any GC backups with me at the moment to test it, but I assume even though I didn't installed it through the DarkCorp installer, it should still be able to launch GC backups though the disc channel, right?

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello

I was wondering something:

The new IOS versions are not very different from the one used in Darkcorp.

So, if we change the config.xml file, to stick with all the new IOS versions (except new stub and IOS 58 for HBC), we could theorically do an update of Darkcorp ?

diesel.1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Few Quick Questions,

I have updated all my hacks on 4.2 using the sticky "Modify ANY Wii 4.3 & below", when installing DarkCorp does it overwrite any of the IOS's I already have?

Also I note that Super Mario Anniversary requires latest IOS56 (v5662), the IOS included in DarkCorp is IOS56 (v5661) with rev17 DIP. Does this mean that I would not be able to play through disc channel?

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
diesel.1 said:
Few Quick Questions,

I have updated all my hacks on 4.2 using the sticky "Modify ANY Wii 4.3 & below", when installing DarkCorp does it overwrite any of the IOS's I already have?

Also I note that Super Mario Anniversary requires latest IOS56 (v5662), the IOS included in DarkCorp is IOS56 (v5661) with rev17 DIP. Does this mean that I would not be able to play through disc channel?

1. Yes it overwrites all your current IOS and installs custom ones. The versions are maxed out so a system update will not remove it. (you should have block updates enabled anyways)

2. If it doesnt work through disc channel use Neogamma R9 to play them. Install a forwarder channel on your wii menu for a shortcut.

diesel.1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Riley said:
diesel.1 said:
Few Quick Questions,

1. Yes it overwrites all your current IOS and installs custom ones. The versions are maxed out so a system update will not remove it. (you should have block updates enabled anyways)

2. If it doesnt work through disc channel use Neogamma R9 to play them. Install a forwarder channel on your wii menu for a shortcut.

Ok, I just really wanna play all games in all disc channel. I already have IOS 56 (v5662) installed when I updated my softmods. By installing Darkcorp will IOS56 be changed to v5661 with rev 17 DIP or will it nor overwrite as it has a lower version number?

choochmac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I just posted my question in the wrong place. Sorry! Complete noob here. Please be gentle, don't know much about the Wii etc. My son has wanted one for quite awhile so I just purchased a used Wii was advertised as "softmod able to run backups". I thought "great" we won't waste money if he scratches new disks (he is only eight). Anyway, what I now know after doing some googling is that it is out of date. It is a Wii running 3.1 which must have some sort of cioscorp running on it. Now I am afraid he will not be able to play any new games we give him for Christmas and I don't have enough money to go get another Wii. Arghh!!

After much reading on the forums over the last two days I used bannerbomb to install Homebrew channel (it was not on the Wii) and made a NAND backup (which hopefully worked). I ran Syscheck and this is what I get. It doesn't list much and not the IOS249 which everyone is referring to. If I have an old version of CIOSCORP, shouldn't it be listed? If someone could please tell me based on this what I am dealing with I would appreciate it. I don't want to brick the Wii by trying to install/uninstall things without a clear plan of action.

sysCheck v2.0.1 by Double_A
...runs on IOS36 (rev 1042).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 3.1U (v257)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 39136243
Boot2 v2

Found 62 titles.
Found 19 IOS on this console. 0 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 3): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS9 (rev 516): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS11 (rev 10): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 6): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS13 (rev 10): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS14 (rev 257): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS15 (rev 257): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 512): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS20 (rev 12): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 514): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS22 (rev 772): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS28 (rev 1288): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS30 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS33 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS34 (rev 1039): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS35 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS36 (rev 1042): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v2
MIOS v5

Report generated on 2010/12/14.

If it has an old CIOSCORP version than I think I know what to do. Uninstall and then install new DARKCORP v1.1. Then I worry about upgrading system menu, right? In the end I want my son to just be able to put in a disk and play it without getting update messages, etc.

HellraiserUK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just follow the sticky on these forums for upgrading to 4.2 and re-run the soft mod. Ensure you install Preloader and install Darkcorp 1.1. Make sure Preloader is set to block disk and online updates and away you go
smile.gif
Is it possible you have a hardware modded drive? Virtually every softmod installs the homebrew channel, so it seems weird it wasn't there in the first place...

Hellraiser.........>

choochmac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it must have been a modchip after all. I upgraded to 4.2 and it is still working and plays a backup I just made from Harry Potter (I opened one of his Christmas gifts to try it out) without installing Darkcorp. Interesting.... Many thanks.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But your mod chip just isn't good enough if you download a scrub version. It's only good for perfect 1:1 backups. Just keep that in mind if you keep all IOS up to date and still find a game that won't play.

SUCCESSOR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this be installed from USB? I lost my SD reader so I can't at the files to my SD card. Can I put Darkcorp on a flash drive and install it through HBC?

Or else is there a way to transfer the files from USB to SD using the Wii?

GangstaPrince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SUCCESSOR said:
Can this be installed from USB? I lost my SD reader so I can't at the files to my SD card. Can I put Darkcorp on a flash drive and install it through HBC?

Or else is there a way to transfer the files from USB to SD using the Wii?
No you can't install it from USB, but you can use WiiXplorer to move files from USB to your SD card.

WiiXplorer: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiXplorer

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
urherenow said:
But your mod chip just isn't good enough if you download a scrub version. It's only good for perfect 1:1 backups. Just keep that in mind if you keep all IOS up to date and still find a game that won't play.

scrubbed should be ok as the partitions are still signed, it's only if the partitions are rebuilt that you will get a problem with official ios.
even then trucha patched ios will be good enough, or use a loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: How is everyone?