Hacking DARKCORP v1.1 Release!

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
EnigmaXtreme said:
Ok what option should I pick to install DARKcorp? Virgin Wii Method or Install/Upgrade to Darkcorp 1.1. I'm asking cause i already have Rev20 of Wanin's installed
Install/Upgrade

GangstaPrince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
codezer0 said:
Either should work fine; but if you are worried, might as well do the Install/Upgrade one. I don't think darkcorp does anything with 249.
The Virgin Install does actually, it installs cIOS38 rev17.

cadmus0101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
help I am trying to get darkcorp to work on my wii. I succesfully installed it so I can play wii games off the disc channel. now I want to play gamecube games off the disc channel but when I try to install the waninkokos or wiigator cMIOS it just resets my wii and I cant install it. I am running 4.2U and have priiloader .5 beta3 on my wii. I also have cIOS 249rev20 installed

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the latest cMIOS installer is for MIOSv10 make sure you search the forums cause the 1st one you probly come across is most likely the one for MIOSv4 but you only need to patch the IOS that games run on not every IOS.

cadmus0101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kylster said:
the latest cMIOS installer is for MIOSv10 make sure you search the forums cause the 1st one you probly come across is most likely the one for MIOSv4 but you only need to patch the IOS that games run on not every IOS.
well can u link me to the latest cMIOsv10?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gugered said:
Could someone confirm if DarkCorp is working with the version of RawkSD (3.0b4, public beta)?

i tried it and i asked a friend it does not work. so don't bother.

Donkey Punch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old 3.2U Wii that I originally installed the "Softmii" package on (hey, I was new and I am suitably ashamed
blush.gif
).

All worked fine for years but I decided I should upgrade to 4.1U finally. Just to be careful my first step is to get rid of the old cIOScorp. I used Darkcorp v1.1 to uninstall cIOScorp and then I used sysCheck to compare the results. Several IOS still have the revision number of 65535 suggesting that Darkcorp didn't replace them all.

IOS11 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS20 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS30 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS40 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS70 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0

No errors were reported while Darkcorp was doing the uninstall. Should I be worried? Is this supposed to work this way?

Thanks in advance for replies.

Update: I did more research and this is what someone posted in another forum about those IOS:
IOS 11 (v10): Used only by System Menu 2.0 and 2.1.
IOS 20 (v12): Used only by System Menu 2.2.
IOS 30: Used by System Menu 3.0 (v1037), 3.1 (v1039), 3.2 (v1040), and 3.3 (v2576).
IOS 40 (v2320): Korean 3.3 System Menu IOS. (Stub v3072 installed for later System Menus)
IOS 70 (v6687): Used by System Menu 4.2
IOS 250 (v65535): A copy of IOS249 designed by Waninkoko as a fallback in case of accidental deletion, corruption, or official update (stub) of the cIOS in the 249 slot.

It looks like IOS 250 always has that version number. The only critical one seems to be IOS30 since my system is a 3.2U.

Should I manually fix those remaining IOS files or ignore?

scuba78

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

I installed Darkcorp v1 close to when it first came out. Recently i decided to play some backed up GC games. They would kind of appear on the disk channel but wouldnt launch.

So i decided to try and upgrade to DARKCORP v1.1.

Grabed the files form the email link but when i went to hit the upgrade button it would load the first thing, then just restart my wii after a few seconds. I then tried to use the uninstall function but i would either get an 'Exception 0' error and my wii would freeze, my wii would just black screen with the green light still on, or it would simply reset.

Now it wont play any of my backed up games but will still play originials fine from what i can see(few).

I've tried searching the FAQs and many forum posts about DARKCORP but couldn't find anything similar to my problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

Notes: I have a 2006 Wii with 4.3e installed. I've soft modded it a few times in various ways over the years to play.

Thanks in advance!

~Steve

Melik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

Can someone please enlighten me?

I have a 4.2 PAL wii with DARKCORP v1.1 installed.

Everything works perfectly fine except Metroid other M: when I put the backup DVD a message appears after a few seconds(on a black background): REMOVE THE DISC AND POWER OFF THE CONSOLE. PLEASE REFER TO THE WII USER GUIDE FOR MORE DETAILS.

Can someone with more knowledge help me out?

Many thanks

jordan_ch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
hi,guys,please help me!

i got the DARKCORP v1.1 Full Package,and i installed it by the latest hbc (1.08 ). it looks good at beginning,but when the ios 58 is being patched, the installation stop. i think it certainly because the latest hbc (1.08) works base ios58!!

now,guys,how could i completed the installation?? edit the config.xml??how to edit? i'm noob.......

thx a lot!!!!

DarkLeach7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got DARKCORP v1.1 Full and downloaded it. (My System Menu is 4.3U) I already had a cIOS 249 and a cMIOS v4 (WiiGator 0.2 I think) (For the latest NeoGamma) installed so I clicked that and It installed perfectly. I tested my Wii backups and they worked fine.
yaywii.gif
But then I put in a GCN Backup (Not-Multi) and the GCN Banner came up! So I click Start and the Wii sits there for about 5 secs and then the disc light briefly flashes and my Wii resets into BootMii (as it is my boot2). Then I click back into the Wii Menu and try launching it again. It does the same thing. Though they play perfectly in NeoGamma (although NeoGamma sometimes Code Dumps or shows colors on the screen, Both fixed with a Power Unplug). I want to play my GCN Backups via the disc channel not NeoGamma. ( I do have NeoGamma as a channel forwarder, but still
closedeyes.gif
I'm Lazy. Is there anything I did wrong (The Retail Games work perfectly though)?
unsure.gif
I can make a video if this was too wordy...

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EnigmaXtreme said:
My burnt copy of Kirby's Epic yarn won't play through the disc channel and ive burnt like 4 copies and downloaded the iso again and still everytime i press Start it just goes to a black screen
Is it trimmed or untrimmed? I had the same problem with the trimmed version, but I wasn't able to test different dumps because I couldn't find the download links anywhere. I used the US version of the .iso.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-