Hacking Dark Wii theme for virtual wii help!!!

GrimReaper19976

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi where i can download original Dark Wii Theme 4.3 E for Virtual Wii on My Wii U?? from thus video -

PLEASE HELP I NEED THIS FOR VIRTUAL WII ON MY WII U :(

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Columbo2811

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check out the tutorial by @MattKimura . that does work on the virtual wii. however, it can cause some issues. it actually corrupted his system menu after a time. I'm using a custom blue theme (the one from that video), and I sometimes encounter screen tearing with both the virtual wii and wii injects. it's fixable by returning to the wii u menu, then going back into the virtual wii. the file u want to edit (if in the us) is: 0000001f.app . I can't recall the location, but I posted it in the theme thread that I mentioned above.

edit: I managed to help (elsewhere) MattKimura fix his corrupted virtual wii since I had the original file. I'd advise you to backup the necessary file. I think in his thread he has the European version too. you can check the file name and file location with the script. it's not a very long script, so it's easy to find. good luck.

Last edited by godreborn,

GrimReaper19976

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
good guys thanks all for the help but still i would very much like to have the original dark wii theme for virtual wii because i really like it i know it's just a stupid startup screen but can not really find somewhere for virtual wii and how i would like to install these themes and Check if it works or if I have to brick the console what kind of program it needs in the homebrew channel to load those downloaded themes?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good guys thanks all for the help but still i would very much like to have the original dark wii theme for virtual wii because i really like it i know it's just a stupid startup screen but can not really find somewhere for virtual wii and how i would like to install these themes and Check if it works or if I have to brick the console what kind of program it needs in the homebrew channel to load those downloaded themes?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-custom-themes-in-vwii.476012/ it's not hard to do.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check out the tutorial by @MattKimura . that does work on the virtual wii. however, it can cause some issues. it actually corrupted his system menu after a time. I'm using a custom blue theme (the one from that video), and I sometimes encounter screen tearing with both the virtual wii and wii injects. it's fixable by returning to the wii u menu, then going back into the virtual wii. the file u want to edit (if in the us) is: 0000001f.app . I can't recall the location, but I posted it in the theme thread that I mentioned above.

edit: I managed to help (elsewhere) MattKimura fix his corrupted virtual wii since I had the original file. I'd advise you to backup the necessary file. I think in his thread he has the European version too. you can check the file name and file location with the script. it's not a very long script, so it's easy to find. good luck.
Oh no my vWii was never corrupted haha
Having a custom theme had no effect on me, removing it didnt solve my issue. In fact my same Wii VC issue remains, I just use a workaround to play gamecube backups with my gamepad. I still cannot launch Wii VC injects of gamecube games. Only Wii VC injects of wii games.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no my vWii was never corrupted haha
Having a custom theme had no effect on me, removing it didnt solve my issue. In fact my same Wii VC issue remains, I just use a workaround to play gamecube backups with my gamepad. I still cannot launch Wii VC injects of gamecube games. Only Wii VC injects of wii games.

oh, I thought you mentioned getting a black screen when accessing the virtual wii and that a fresh, untouched copy of the 0000001f.app fixed it. maybe I misunderstood. :P

GrimReaper19976

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
guys or any of you have the original dark wii theme for the virtual wii for version 4.3E necessarily need it I beg you please i need this!!!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a method for creating one. it might be in MattKimura's tutorial. there's also a list of them in iirc theme.csm format. if you use the injector, it will overlay the theme on top of the .app file.

Reactions: GrimReaper19976

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: thank god I have power strips to help with surges