Dante's Inferno

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by The Teej, Dec 15, 2008.

1. The Teej
    OP

The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

Former Staff
    Jun 27, 2004
    England
    I don't suggest you watch this before going to bed [​IMG]

2. Prophet

Prophet Resident Black Militant

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    I've read this and... I don't remember it being anything like that trailer. I really wish that hadn't named it after the book. It's a real classic and should be respected as such. It's cool that they're doing the whole rings of hell thing in the manner Dante did, but I think that's where the similarities will probally end. Literature takes another lose. [​IMG]

3. Priss

Priss GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2008
    Canada
    Hamilton, Ontario
    I like how it showed a Crucifix when the terms Heresy and Treachery popped [​IMG]
    Games looks very... not for younger audience [​IMG]

Might we be looking at an other ban from Canadian retail shelves for it's contents?
    I'll vote +1 on this one lol

4. CockroachMan

CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Jan 14, 2006
    Brazil
    Brazil
    Agreed.. the game looks cool, but I don't see why use that name. Specially for an action game.. wasn't the book a more satirical vision of hell with a bunch of hidden messages? Something more psychological? A shallow action game seems based on something deep like that seems pretty stupid to me :/

5. YassoMasso

YassoMasso Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2008
    Italy
    I think that it's impossible to make a better action-game based on Dante's "Commedia". It's necessary to do some changes, because the book talks about a journey that Dante must do to save his soul, corrupted by many sins. It's much difficult to fit a book with such basis in a videogame.

6. The Teej
    OP

The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

Former Staff
    Jun 27, 2004
    England
    Who says this is going to be a shallow action game? Have you played it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice