• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Daniel Penny - Hero or murderer?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hero or murderer?
Neither.
He choked a guy to death for yelling.
I'm sure he wanted to play hero but he ended up killing someone.
That said it was not premeditated so legally it's not murder, it's just manslaughter.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neely had 42 arrests and yelling terroristic threats definitely worries people. No surprise people took action.

https://www.newsweek.com/jordan-neely-arrest-record-outrage-grows-subway-death-1798248

I remember being on a bus about 8-9 years ago which a fat bitch yelled "There's a bomb!" and the reason for that was.. she wanted to leave (I asked her on the street). Selfish PoS.

Back to Neely:

Dude assumed he didn't like Neely because he was "poor and black" 🤨

And let's not pretend Neely is a victim: https://www.foxnews.com/us/jordan-neely-history-attacks-subway-riders-nyc-chokehold-death

The protesters supporting him should have gotten a taste of being attacked by him like others unfortunately were.

That said, is Penny a hero, in my opinion? No, but Neely had to be stopped (while the chokehold ended his life accidentally).

Reactions: SamuraiErikku

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The fact that the DA ignored the judgment of the NYPD
The Venn diagram of "NYPD" and "good judgment" is two circles a thousand miles apart. Of course they don't believe a homeless man's life is worth anything.

I don't think he intended to kill the guy, but to an extent it's irrelevant. There are some laws that everybody agrees must be enforced for a society to function, and laws against killing people are the most prominent example.

It is tragic though, and an almost uniquely American parable: who is more likely to kill you, the mentally ill homeless guy or the ex-marine with PTSD? In some cases I guess it's a combination of both.

Last edited by Xzi,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am not a fan of vigilante justice or whatever rationalization people have for justifying it. I personally think Jordan Neely being out and about was a failure of the system. I also believe Daniel Penny shouldn't have used deadly force on him but going off the footage, I think he was a dude believing he was doing something to protect others. That said, his death was the result of a lot of failures in the system. Public transport needs to have better measures to protect the people on them. People with massive arrest records, especially those with mental health issues, need to be properly handled so they are less of a threat to those around them. I think Penny should be tried for manslaughter because that's the crime he committed.

Reactions: MFDC12 and Xzi

SamuraiErikku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was obviously self-defense & New York City has a real criminal problem that the DA keeps releasing these career criminals yet they arrested the guy who was clearly defending himself. Jordan Neely shouldn't have been fucking around & finding out the hard way, Jordan Neely shouldn't have fucked with Daniel Penny.

This is what you get when you vote these Government Branch Swingers that keep swinging the 3 Branches of Government on behalf of the career criminals since these are the politicians that want to legalize & decriminalize criminality and make common sense & self-defense a crime. New York City is a shithole since it's ran by career criminal politicians that want to destroy their cities & the state they don't care for you, they don't care for your rights, yet these Government Branch Swingers care about your Tax Money then handing out hard working American Tax Payer Money for Government Assistance to Human Traffickers & Illegal Immigrants, Supporting Never Ending Wars that we shouldn't be in thanks to the Government Alphabet Terrorist that aide Domestic Terrorism & International War Crimes. This is what people get when you vote for politicians that cater & pander to you no matter who you are then give you the tax payers bigotry of low expectations. This is why you need to defend yourself from these deranged criminals that want you dead and these Politicians love to cater & pander to these deranged criminals.

Reactions: mrdude

MariArch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's just a fool. If I was him I'd of booked a ticket to Russia asap because you're not going to be getting a fair trial in that state

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Maybe if people sort the root cause of Homelessness and help the most valuable in our society. we might live longer and more prosper lives as humans.

The legend and genius George Carlin explains it perfect.

Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Maybe if people sort the root cause of Homelessness and help the most valuable in our society. we might live longer and more prosper lives as humans.
There's lots of reasons why someone could be homeless, each and every single case is different. Some of the people that are homeless are homeless through their own fault, some are not. As these people in the western world are mostly adults it's up to them to sort their own life out, why should it be someone else problem to help them or pay for them if they don't want to?

If some junkie type is a thief and doesn't want to work or is a pain in the arse as a neighbour - nobody is going to want to help them, yet again if someone was in an abusive relationship, had a job and get kicked out of their partners house - then I would tend to want to help them as they are homeless through no fault of their own.

So as for your post - there is NO ROOT cause, there are many variables and each and every case is different. Maybe if USA stopped paying for and sending weapons and troops to other countries and stopped wasting billions of your workers tax dollars through corruption, back handers and the same families didn't keep becoming presidents or politicians, then your country would have a better solution to deal with stuff there wouldn't be as many social issues. However your borders are open, drugs are rife, you have politicians pitting people against each other based on race/sexual preferences etc.
I don't see USA or the west getting better anytime soon, greed and corruption are at the highest levels and it seems to be each man for themselves now. Your own homeless veterans are now second place citizens and are being thrown out of their temporary accomodation to make space for illegals, the same thing is happening in the UK and elsewhere in the west.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1